Search the forum,

Discuss Performa 28 hw works ch kicks in but does not circulate please advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yzor

Hello,

I have a Potterton Performa 28.
The hot water works perfectly. The problem I have is with the central heating, it does not circulate the heated water. When I switch the CH on the temp increases to 80 degrees in about 20 seconds and then cuts the boiler out for a couple of mins, it then restarts with the same problem.

The CH flow pipe heats up but it seems the return is not working.

I checked the pump via the vent screw with a screwdriver and stopped the pump without much force. I have replaced the pump with a new one but still have the same problem.

Could it be the PCB?

Can anyone please shed some light.

is the pump in the correct way ,it sounds like a circulation/air /blockage problem perhaps

Hello and thanks for your reply.

The pump is installed properly, air has been taken out. Ive checked for blockage hardly any sludge.

"high limit stats,test for restinace"
Please clarify!!

i beleive these boilers are supplied with valves that have filters inside them,shut off valves,drain down boiler and clean out filter inside return valve...ive had this problem before and doing this solved the problem.

i beleive these boilers are supplied with valves that have filters inside them,shut off valves,drain down boiler and clean out filter inside return valve...ive had this problem before and doing this solved the problem.

spot on moogwai the return filters got crud in it

Thank you all

The problem was the return valve filter.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Performa 28 hw works ch kicks in but does not circulate please advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock