Search the forum,

Discuss Old glow worm boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jealvistuma1

Hi
i have an old floor standing cast iron gas boiler (glo worm) which provides our central heating. I think it has imperial nuts and bolts and it feeds a micro bore heating system.
The boiler looks like it has finally given up the ghost! One of the heat exchangers has failed and started leaking. Will i be able to have a new multi point fitted without having to take out and replace the micro bore? I dont fancy ripping up all the carpets and floor boards!
Any advice welcome

Simple answer is yes, but if microbore pipework is same age as boiler consideration should be given to replace, especially if flow and return enter rads, one end, through same valve. New boiler best positioned on external wall for flue and condensate. Provided carpets are hessian and not foam back, rolling back and replacement is not difficult.

You could yes, but you may well regret it sometime later. micro-bore pipes are not the best choice and get blocked up easily, a nuisance to flush and clean properly and put a lot of strain on the boiler and pump resulting in premature failure. As joni os says above consider replacing the micro-bore it is not that difficult. Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old glow worm boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock