Search the forum,

Discuss nvq portfolio CW and HW in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Wondered if anyone cal shed some light.
so I've been assigned a new internal assessor for my nvq portfolio work. He looked over my original hot water and cold water submissions he wasn’t happy ( he’s very old school) so I re did another bathroom suit demonstrating hot and cold water cutting back some pipe work fitting the appliances and isolation valves ect. The house I was working in was an American style built house so all the plumbing pipe work is in the wall cavities there was a section of pipe work under the bath I could access by cutting away some plasterboard I cut back what I could and re piped but I work for a housing association and can’t just rip peoples walls down. I’ve spent hours adding photos and writing a very detailed account and guess what he still isn’t happy. I’ve spoken to my old assessor about it and he agrees with me and is on my side. The currant assessor has said there’s not enough pipe work especially first fix ( which isn’t always possible to access) I’ve done as much as I physically can on each appliance. Where do I stand can I appeal ect. Working for the company I do means unfortunately we are on a budget per bathroom. I did demonstrate running some pipe work. I just feel what he wants me to do in his eyes is kind of impossible. Any suggestions welcome

If the Awarding Body is C & G. Then they state that ideally, there should be just Hot & Cold tails entering the room. Pipework then run to Bath or Shower, WHB & WC (at least 3 appliances).
You have to complete TWO separate install of each of your chosen system types. So is this post referring to your first install? If not what did the first install comprise of?
Of course you have a right of appeal.

Reply to nvq portfolio CW and HW in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock