Search the forum,

Discuss No Hot Water Or Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

help

Hi

I have no hot water or heating, I have system boiler and cylinder is on the landing
the boiler lights and that is it can any body help, neighbour thinks it the valve in the airing cupboard, does that sound right to anybody and how do I test it.
don't what to replace it if not broke.

Can't afford to , is there a check that can be done to show if at fault.

You most likely wont be able to replace the pump yourself anyway, and may cause loads of problems if you do - fiddling aroung with old heating systems is complicated even for those of us in the know . . .

You could also check yourself - but you have to be aware that if you call in someone and tell them its the pump (and it isnt) you will end up paying more for the job)

Dont second guess, get a proffessional in (ask for a free quote though!)

Have hot water , Have moved the arm on valve to manual and now have heating
but radiators only hot upstairs, cold down stairs, would this suggest the pump

It probably would - the MOV might need a look if you have to move it yourself to open the circuit . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No Hot Water Or Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get hot water ok but the heating doesn't come on when turning the thermostat to a higher temperature. I've got a 2 way motorized diverter valve which would...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock