Search the forum,

Discuss New washing machine water valve issue. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

B

buggerlugz

I recently fitted a new washing machine along with a new cold water feed hose. Since installation whenever the toilet upstairs finishes filling, the shower is turned off, the cold water tank in the loft stops filling or the kitchen cold tap is turned off, there is a clunking noise coming from the cold water valve inside the washing machine. All the pipes are secured well.

I presume this is water hammer from the cold water system, but my old washing machine I replaced never did this. I've tried turning down the pressure on the washing machine tap where the hose is fitted, but it only sorts out the issue for a week or so before it returns. I was wondering if this could be faulty or loose valve inside the washing machine itself?

I just expected all washing machines have a water arrestor built into their inlet valves!

Restricting flow does not reduce pressure. Check your mains pressure, if it's high fit a pressure reducing valve if not then you can get water hammer arrestors. Basically a mini expansion vessel.

I think for the last 30 years or so, there has been a move to get manufacturers to install slow closing solenoid valves on appliances. - Washing machines and dishwashers.

Reply to New washing machine water valve issue. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
This is the only place I can fit a washing machine in my new kitchen. The drainage pipe would have to go approx. 5 m - is this okay or will it cause issues? Many thanks!
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, my plumbing knowledge is very limited. I have a cold water feed going into cistern with plastic pipe and push fits. It's a new built in cistern. I am looking to tap into the feed and add a water supply for a washing machine. Can I just...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and websites for advice the general consensus was don't bother. I like a challenge so connected up the butt initially with nothing else in line, the washer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock