Search the forum,

Discuss New Glow worm install issues! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Mrpe

Good day all,
So i fitted a Ultracom 30sxi last year and all worked well. Up until a month or so back when the boiler seemed to stop modulating properly. It continues to fire, ramp up, hit temp and then stop. It does this every few mins....
Weekend just gone my plumber and i (im an electrician, AC and Building maintenance engineer) installed a new unvented 180l dual coil cylinder ready for solar. I fitted a Climapro 1 and also a Smart wiring center using the ebus system. I have a weather compensator to fit but want the system to run fine before i install it.
So far ive had:
System is still not modulating properly?
Climapro heating programme doesn't seem to let you set an off period. You can only drop the temp to 5 degrees over night or during the day while no ones at home?
The boiler shows 10 degrees as soon as the heating and hot water isnt requested for?
And the heating turned on last night which yes it was cold outside but i cant say my landing hit below 5 degrees! ?

The manuals from Glowworm are worse than hopeless as im sure you will agree. Just wondered if others have come across any of these issues and if so how to fix them?

Thanks
Dave

Did all this start B4 you added other controls ? if so call out GW boiler still under warranty, Sorry we cant give information about working on boilers.

Your Climapro is a programmable stat and they dont have off periods, just low temp to turn off.
As to the 10 degrees are you sure this is not 1.0bar??

Thanks to both of you. Im aware i cant ask regarding Gas safe works but im hoping alot of these issues are programme or settings issues.
Im fine leaving it at low temp (5°) to be honest just checking im not missing anything.
As for the 10° yes its definitely 10°. Not 2 mins ago the valve for HW shut, Heating shut off also as demand was met. Went straight down to boiler and sure enough it said 10°. I had my temp probe out ready and flow was 57° and return was 55° by the time i set it up. Only thing 10° near any kit is in the loft where the cylinder and Smart wiring center is..?
Cant find anything saying theres a temp sensor in there. Cant see why there would be either.

Thanks again

Dave

Well heres the part I missed out.... the system has microbore pipe in it also!.
System was flushed and was also treated with cleaner on refill and then drain 2 weeks later and inhibitor added.
Well good news is that the system didnt run last night so thats one thing sorted :)

Thanks again
Dave

Im surprised it took so long to get a comment about it being a Glow Worm :)

Yeah thanks all. My plumbers back to have a look at the weekend so hopefully he can give tech a call as they obviously dont talk to anyone thats not Gas safe, even when you ring them regarding wiring/controls issues....
Just thought id try and get any extra thoughts for my plumber.

Thanks again all

Dave

get your plumber to join up then once he has the prerequesite number of posts (10) he can ask away in the private gas section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Glow worm install issues! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock