Search the forum,

Discuss New gas safe forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldplumber

Dans started a new forum for gas safe registered peeps only, so lets use it people and ensure we help each other without embarassing ourselves or encouraging those with limited knowledge to have a go. The team upstairs has responded to a request so lets make the best of it, and keep slagging off to a minimum, my stress levels are to high to cope with banter anyhow.;)

I've given access to those that have sent their license or registration number after checking them all on the GS website. I have to say, some very dodgy snapshots of you guys haha

Thanks to dan and his team for responding to a request for this at very short notice, I hope it allows us to get some answers from those in the know rather than those that think they know which can cause confusion sometimes

my snap shot has not been updated yet,think it may need a warning label :)

Thanks to dan and his team for responding to a request for this at very short notice, I hope it allows us to get some answers from those in the know rather than those that think they know which can cause confusion sometimes
counts me out then!

I was hoping for some informed help, oh well, ask the wife ,never known to be wrong in my-- our -- her-- house

taking on comments from another thread, should we also need our taxi license? lol

I was hoping for some informed help

Find a lot of my informed help is obsolete or preceded brfore I have time to give it,a reg changes before you close the book,todays safe installation is tomorrows nts,life so hard :(;)

Think I will do taxing at weekend to chill and pick up blind chicks :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
The tips will be better.
About the only tips i get these days are don't bet on dogs and don't go with married women:D

The tips will be better.
About the only tips i get these days are don't bet on dogs and don't go with married women:D

I always get mixed up

thought it was don't bet on women and go with married .............
:eek::eek:

both are better after a few pints, just so long as you dont wake up in the dogs bed!

Hmm!

What next? An exclusive trade association?
Lets have a separate forum for JIB recognised Plumbers?
Only allowing entrance if you have a JIB grade card number?

The thing is if we keep on doing things like that, then we can't really call it a forum.

If you want to talk gas exclusively to gas fitters go on the Gas Safe site or the CORGI site.

If you want to talk exclusively to plumbers about Plumbing go on the Institute of Plumbing website.

I would hope this forum keeps on informing the general public about our trade and tries to help them as much as it can by giving the general public a chance to talk to trades people in an informal way.

you can please some people some of the time but cannt please all of them all of the time, that little saying obviously applies here then, luckily we are on a forum were one can have an opinion, which not everyone agrees with, but thats life isnt it.

Are we to assume your not gas safe and feel left out or do you really not like people with similar needs/queries etc being able to discuss things away from their potential customers etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we to assume your not gas safe and feel left out or do you really not like people with similar needs/queries etc being able to discuss things away from their potential customers etc?

We can assume the member is a respected member of the forums,who always gives a fair opinioned response to issues,whether you agreed or disagree with them
As a retired true tradesman,he is probably not gas safe reg,but with his experience and knowledge would have no problem being allowed in and posting in any of the forums here if he so wished

imho

I agree with puddle. We all know Bernie has some strong views on things (don't we all?) He has more than enough knowledge to contribute.

There would not be enough of us to have a JIB forum anyway:D

We can assume the member is a respected member of the forums,who always gives a fair opinioned response to issues,whether you agreed or disagree with them
As a retired true tradesman,he is probably not gas safe reg,but with his experience and knowledge would have no problem being allowed in and posting in any of the forums here if he so wished

imho

agree,bernies no fool knows his stuff

Thank you all for your support in being allowed to express an opinion. I was Corgi registered for years but it would be a bit pointless registering with GasSafe as I no longer work.

But hey! Just because your not currently register does not mean you don't know about gas work, to think that is just silly. What is supposed to happen? Is your skill and knowledge supposed to melt away if your late registering as if by some kind of weird occurrence and then it comes back when you do register?

Lets be honest, most of us learnt our jobs many years ago but we still remember what we where taught all those years ago and reminded by the constant use of those skills over many years.

Good post lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New gas safe forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock