Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler options - what to buy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex Theochari

I have been looking at replacing an ageing combination boiler for a while.

I wanted to move to a system boiler with a twin coil cylinder. I have decided to get a joule cylinder, partly because I got one for my parents with no issues and partly because they are one of only a handful of manufacturers that make a dedicated horizontal cylinder.

Back to the boiler question...

My short list is four boilers, two from Viessmann and two from Atag.

My preference is a Viessmann Vitodens 300 however I am not sure if it is best suited for the requirement and if it does offer an added advantage.

So, the setup is to (if cost effective and possible) replace the radiators with aluminium ones, have underfloor heating in the new kitchen/dining area (6.5m x 3.2m and 3.2m high) and a bathroom (3.5m x 2.6m x 2.4m). Possibly install solar thermal for water (however as long as I have the setup now I can always do this next year).

So, the choices of boilers are:

Viessmann Vitodens 300-W 35KW
Viessmann Vitodens 200-W 35KW

Atag A320S System boiler
Atag Q38S System boiler

The reason I leaned towards the Vitodens 300 is that it modulates really low and for underfloor heating this is a positive. However I am not sure if that adds such a benefit or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler options - what to buy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking at Zanussi Ultra System 18kw. Does anybody has any experience with this brand. I have heard about thier other appliances like hobs and dishwasher but not much on boiler. https://www.freeboilermanuals.com/assets/pdf/Zanussi/zanussi-system.compressed.pdf A brand new unit is...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler. Worked fine for 20 years. Decided to change to Viessmann 050-W System boiler when WB failed but keep the same set up with cylinder. Gas Safe installer I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
hey all, Based in South England, UK. Hope this is the correct place to ask and that ive added all the required info/images. I had an old boiler that was setup with my evohome system, 12 zones in my house, with controls on each radiator - all worked well. Honeywell THR99C3112 Evotouch...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock