Search the forum,

Discuss new boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

samtheplumber

just wondered if anyone can shed some light on this, a new boiler has been fitted by british gas and the radiators are not getting hot! yet the hot water is fine, lots of air came out some rads but seems like there is no flow going aroung the c/h system any ideas how to solve this? :confused: cheers guys

Presumably the pump is working? Presumably you've bled all the radiators starting with downstairs first? Presumably the lockshields are all open? Has anyone called BG back in to check the boiler is heating the heating circuit?

Probably need to top the pressure up at the filling loop. After venting the rads you will have dropped the pressure. Read the manual on the boiler on how to do this. It is very easy and def' a task most people can do on there own. Let us know if you need more help. Regards,

Dan

Give BG a call for the money you have paid you shouldn't have to do anything!

get the installers back to rectify,they should have explained all the usual do,s and dont,s before hand.

What controls are fitted to enable Central Heating to come on and off?
Boiler is not on a Summer Setting is it? If it is - heating will never come on.
Is there a Roomstat and a time clock fitted?
If so are they both calling for heat?
Also is the boiler's Central Heating thermostat set right, i.e. not switch off, or on a very low setting?
I've presumed we are talking about a Combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock