Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler advice for 3 bedroom home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spiceman

Please can some experts advice me on boiler replacement size for a regular size 3 bedroom home feeding 7 radiators. The boiler will be fitted inside a kitchen cabinet with rear flu out the back. The boiler Ive been looking at is the glow worm flexicom 24hx. Please could anybody advise me if the size would be adequate enough to heat the house sufficient? Also what price would I expect to pay to install and test only?

Thank you
spiceman

Sorry, but this forum will not discuss prices.

Get at least 3 prices from gas safe installers. They will have a look for free at you system and advise on the size needed.

Welcome to the forum.:welcome:

The reason for not discussing prices is there's a huge variance across the length and breadth of the country which could lead to unfair pressure being put on engineers and customers alike.

As said, get 3 or 5 quotes then come back to us.

Tell us where you are, give us a breakdown of the quote and a bottom line and we'll give you our opinions on that.

Too many variables as well. Gas pipe upgrade, condense run, flueing, controls etc etc. Good advice from Chalked. Post your location, there may be engineers on here that can visit and give you an estimate.

Welcome spiceman, only thing I will say is there are only a handful of boilers that are designed to fit neatly inside kitchen wall units and one of them is glowworm, stay away from that if someone does quote you it, it's the 300mm carcass depth that limits the availability, worcester compact range is ok for this purpose,, see your local engineers and they will advise u to your options,

I'll be replacing my boiler shortly once my plumber gets back from a holiday. We talked about a Worcester Bosch, he suggested a Vokera as they were doing some good deals on Vokeras. I think i'll be steering clear of Vokera as that's what's in at the moment and i must have replaced something every 18 months or so.

What's peoples most reliable 30kw boiler.

Steer well clear from volkera, you will rue the day you had it installed

A worcester 30si compact is a good boiler
My preference would be a Baxi platinum 33, with 10 year warranty

Steer well clear from volkera, you will rue the day you had it installed

A worcester 30si compact is a good boiler
My preference would be a Baxi platinum 33, with 10 year warranty

I think i'm swaying towards the Baxi.

They have there niggles like any boiler, they aren't the queerest but they are solid

Gryphon where are you based?
My personal preference would be an ideal vogue c26 or c32 10 year guarantee.
Why not put a post up in our looking for engineer section(link below) and a member of the forum local to you can give you advice on your chiice of boiler.
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all. Yes understand can't discuss prices on here. My parents had a few quotes as suggested and was advised to go with a Worcester Bosch 24ri boiler and install a magnaclean into the circuit. Thank you.

I already have a plumber but he's on holiday at the moment. He did suggest Vokrera before he left but i'll be talking him out of that. Doing a bit of research these are my choices.
Baxi Duo tec 28HE
Vaillant eco tec plus
Potterton Gold 28he
Worceste 30si or junior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler advice for 3 bedroom home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock