Search the forum,

Discuss Need pump recommendation for kitchen tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I'm a bit lost on which pump I need to power the kitchen tap. We are installing a tap with pull out hose, and according to our builder, none of those come with tails with big enough holes to let enough hot water pressure through and he has said the only option is a pump (or a combi boiler, but that's too expensive for now). It seems if we didnt want the pull out hose,it wouldn't be a problem but with it, I get excellent cold pressure but absolutely no hot pressure . We have a gravity fed system (hit water tank in loft, boiler in airing cupboard on 1st floor)and when testing the the cold water tap pressure (albeit from garden tap which is on other side of wall to kitchen tap) we get 5.5 bar of pressure. I'm after a super quiet pump that would serve my needs here. Based in the UK. Can anyone please recommend any which are quiet, reliable and suit my system/needs.
Many thanks

The tap you have chosen is not suitable for a low pressure system. None of the pumps are really quite.
View attachment 1588529344525.png
Whole house pumps are designed to pump to separate hot or cold outlets.
View attachment 1588529474769.png

The only problem is you will need to make sure your cold water storage tank has enough capacity, or add another cold water storage tank if necessary.

Tbh sounds like you need a separate hot and cold water way kitchen tap and not a pump

either that or upgrade to an unvented cylinder

Probably the cheapest option is change the tap for one suitable for low pressure.
According to my builder, none or the taps with hose attachment have tails suitable for low pressure. We did have one installed and the hot water trickled out. It was then changed for the same tap without pull out hose and the pressure in the hot water is good.
[automerge]1588537960[/automerge]
The tap you have chosen is not suitable for a low pressure system. None of the pumps are really quite.
View attachment 43648
Whole house pumps are designed to pump to separate hot or cold outlets.
View attachment 43649

The only problem is you will need to make sure your cold water storage tank has enough capacity, or add another cold water storage tank if necessary.
Not heard of whole house pumps. Will look into this

Hi
I'm a bit lost on which pump I need to power the kitchen tap. We are installing a tap with pull out hose, and according to our builder, none of those come with tails with big enough holes to let enough hot water pressure through and he has said the only option is a pump (or a combi boiler, but that's too expensive for now). It seems if we didnt want the pull out hose,it wouldn't be a problem but with it, I get excellent cold pressure but absolutely no hot pressure . We have a gravity fed system (hit water tank in loft, boiler in airing cupboard on 1st floor)and when testing the the cold water tap pressure (albeit from garden tap which is on other side of wall to kitchen tap) we get 5.5 bar of pressure. I'm after a super quiet pump that would serve my needs here. Based in the UK. Can anyone please recommend any which are quiet, reliable and suit my system/needs.
Many thanks
Our sponsor shower power booster has a inline pump suitable just click on the link on the home page to find out more - or pm Alan Wright . Regards kop

Reply to Need pump recommendation for kitchen tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Anyone know of a pull out kitchen tap that has decent pressure? I have had low pressure from this tap for a number of years and it's not helped with the two 10mm tails that must reduce even further. Hoping something is around that I can use 15mm full bore tails and isolating valves but all...
Replies
Views
Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a leak on my kitchen tap it is coming out off the bottom of the cold lever. How do I get the lever off? Also would this tap have a cartridge in the cold & hot or will it be just tap has had it & I need to get a new one?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single lever tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Due to living in a flat and having a shared water supply I was advised to get a dual flow tap for the kitchen so...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock