Search the forum,

Discuss Need help identifiying flue faults acs exam coming up in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

im going in for my ACS exams shortly and hoping sombody could help me, could anybody tell me what to look for when inspecting a flue, help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hello, I'm not sure if you've taken acs exams yet, but if it's your initial then the centre may give a few nudges in the right direction. If it's a re-assessment then you ought to know some stuff? My advice is look for anything that stands out as different, incorrect fittings, gaps where there shouldn't be any, sooting, etc. Listen to the question/scenario being asked and if you're not sure - ASK, refer to mi's or bs5440 parts 1-3. Good luck.

Reply to Need help identifiying flue faults acs exam coming up in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My hot water feed for my shower is on the left and the cold is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also stated in the instruction manual for my valve. However when I turn the mixer clockwise cold water is coming out the shower instead of hot water. When...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock