Search the forum,

Discuss mystery bog problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just went to a house that has 2 bogs. 1 upstairs and one down stairs. Apparently the one down stairs has just started to bubble and drain slowly. The one upstairs is fine. So the downstairs one is a straight run of pipe about 3 metres through the kitchen to an elbow with an access that goes straight into floor. Now I thought there would be a blockage where the pan connector connects into the pan but was wrong. I actually could open the access help on the elbow and look down through the pan connecter and see clearly. So no blockage. When I put the pan back and left the access cap off, the toilet flushes fine. So I was thinking maybe a durgo valve had failed or something. But, I could not find a durgo any where. I thought as it has just started happening, something must have failed. But no. Any suggestions 20150217_190835.jpg

Customers are very good at forgetting when things started. Can you put a tee in with a vent or no-where to put it.

Although if it's the same drain run it shouldn't need it. Is the vent clear from debris/birds nests on the stack.

somethings stuck in the downstairs pan.

did you plunge it?

they got cats?

Did you check the pan spigot for a big wad of wet wipes?

There's a partial blockage below the junction of the downstairs W.c and the stack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mystery bog problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I have a commercial customer who asked me a few months ago to investigate a toilet that kept blocking. They'd just had the blockage professionally pressure washed out, but wanted me to see what I could do to avoid it happening again. On inspection, I found that the soil pipe leading...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong gasoline/cigarette smell coming from the pipes I think. It is not there all the time, in fact it went away for 4 days and now it has returned...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock