Search the forum,

Discuss MRFC needs help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Will_D

Hi Guys,

I am with Malahide Rugby Club in Dublin and need some advice ( naturally free as we can't afford to pay for anything at the moment )

My question is:

Has anyone Installed/Comissioned/Maintained a HeatMaster ACV HM 100G water heater.

Its a large, red, gas fired boiler and at present it is on 24/7 so our gas bill is huge ( as we have a large, long HW flow/return circuit to the showers and the toilets ). It only does HW our central heating is on a separate LP system and its off - coz' its summer - allegedly!

We have a problem in that: If the boiler is switched off for a period of time (12 hrs) it looses pressure in the primary circuit so the boiler will not re-start as the primary circuit under presure safety has locked out the gas burner.

The secondary HW system is boosted to 2.5 bar by pumps.

When the system is cold and first switched on the amount of gurgling is unbelievable so this leads me to the conclusion that there is air in the primary circuit. BUT the auto-air-bleed valve isn't working! Even though I've removed it and tested it and it seems fine!. Its just that as I understand the diagrams there is a closed loop, pumped primary circuit that has a top feed and thats it!

Surely there should be botton feed to the loop and an air bleed at the top - just like a domestic rad.

I have the manual and venting the primary circuit is not exactly understandable or logical.

According to the manual all the pipe wotk is correct

Many thanks

Will Davis

MRFC

Ps: Best pint of Guiness in Dublin and its free for plumbers!!

Croppie

From 1 bar cold to 2 and a bit bar hot

Will

Ps Sorry for brief reply but am having stupid problems with the "banned words" posting error for newbies

Will

What size in litres is your pressure vessel, I've a sneaking suspicion It's undersized.

I will take some photos tomorrow. As a newb there will probably be problems but will find a way round.

Will

Ps If I get my posts up then this forum might work with me!!!

But seriously both this forum and the sparky one is a GREAT asset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MRFC needs help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
As part of a rebuild (added 1st floor to bungalow and extended back) we have removed every piece of plumbing and electrics, during COVID In preparation for the complicated stuff, during the build we have ... Gledhill unvented tank (preplumbed) placed in 1st floor airing cupboard New...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock