Search the forum,

Discuss Mitsubishi ASHP and Heatbank Xcel Thermal Store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB1

Hi,

We have recently had a quote to fully supply and fit a Mitsubishi Ecodan System in our home...I would have liked to have a wood burner connected to it in order to subsidise the heat production and lower our electricity bills in the winter, however, with this configuration it is not possible...Looking online, i have come across a thermal store by Specflue, the Heatbank Xcel, which supports multiple heat sources including a heat pumps, solar panels, boilers and solid fuel stoves all at once and wondered if anyone had any experience of this type of thermal store and if it was even compatible with the Mitsubishi system...

Any advice would be greatly apreciated

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mitsubishi ASHP and Heatbank Xcel Thermal Store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
B
I'm looking for help with an open vented central heating system that is pumping over. We have a thermal store that has two heat sources - gas central heating, and a wood burner - both feeds are pumped with a Wilo Smart A 25/4-130 circulation (one pump per feed). When the wood burner kicks in...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry bit of an odd query here. With the increases in energy costs now and in the future we are trying to find any way to reduce our exposure (retired couple on fixed incomes). We are fortunate enough to have bought solar panels at the beginning of the year but as we head towards winter the...
Replies
Views
Would it possible to connect an air source heat pump into 2 UFH (unused) ports on a thermal store? The property is heated by oil and a wood stove. I have the option to use the ports that are connected to the wood stove as using the heat pump would be a more efficient and a better priority, I...
Replies
Views
Hello, We were due to have an air source heat pump installed on a grant scheme on Monday, with radiator size upgrade, but retrofitting using the existing pipework. The calculations have been done to show it's viable etc... However their engineer has just (!!) looked at the photos taken by the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock