Search the forum,

Discuss minimalist wetroom shower screen installation help??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

w1nxn

Hello all. Having fitted many bathrooms for many years, I have never fitted a wetroom. Heres the question....... a minimalist frameless shower screen panel in a show room is fitted with 2 chrome clamped arms at both top corners of the screen fixed into the wall, no end wall fixings as its a screen that can be walked into from either the left or right, and only siliconed to the floor with a small clear silicon bead either side. Would any of you experienced fitters in this area deem this to be safe, and risk liability for any future issues, such as screen popping out of the bead of silicon, or the customer knocking it and it coming out from the bottom seal??? No where on the web can I find info on this. I have my doubts about the safety aspect. Thanks in advance.

A piccie would be nice, but imo if a product is in sale in this country then it will have various BS or EN numbers certifying its safety.
So realistically if this product is kitemarked etc and fitted correctly then it ought to be fit for purpose.

If me and the instructions didn't make it clear, I'd be phoning the manufacturers to ensure I was fitting it to their specifications. (In my experience, they're very helpful on the whole.)

The screens you talk about have a hidden aluminium channel beneath the tiles so you fit the screen first and tile up to it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Phil

I must say I thought this too, in the show room it has the screen just sat directly on top of the tiles and then a simple silicon seal, so this is obviously incorrect. I shall be extra smug in my visit to the show room today.

Cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to minimalist wetroom shower screen installation help??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, just replacing the bath with a walk-in shower and so far so good, well almost!. I've installed the glass and as per instructions and only siliconed the bottom outside edge. However, I now appear to have a problem in that the glass has been knocked and the silicone has become unstuck from...
Replies
Views
So I have a question here and I’m completely lost, I had a shower screen replaced as it shattered. The fitter came and fit the new wall profile to the wall then fitted the glass and then sealed it with silicone. When I first used it it started leaking from the bottom corner as shown in the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've fitted the above that has a 400 fixed panel and the sliding door which means the door is restricted to opening 400mm. The customer is unable to enter it as he is not small enough, so l will have to adapt or replace it for him. Its on a sit on 100mm high acrylic tray, another point he is...
Replies
Views
Hi Many years ago a builder installed my Gainsborough ambassador shower https://www.gainsboroughshowers.co.uk/parts-store/Gainsborough-Showers/Gainsborough-Ambassador-Concealed/ unfortunately it was installed too far into the wall, maybe 2-3mm, consequently the temperature control arm found on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room downstairs. They are both connected to a Worcester Bosch 35Cdi Combi Boiler (older version) which gets regularly serviced every year. In our upstairs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock