Search the forum,

Discuss Manifold hot cold plumbing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello again. I'm moving forward with my new-build project on, I need to plumb my 3 wet rooms up stairs, a downstairs loo and kitchen/utility.

Due to lack of availability of a decent local plumber I'm doing the work myself.

I wanted to use manifolds for hot and cold supplies. 22mm to feed the manifolds and 15mm pipe from the manifolds

My question is, does each individual appliance eg bath, shower (thermostatic mixer-balanced hot cold feed), sink and toilet, need a completely separate hot and cold feed from the manifold or can I 'T' off one feed to the cold feed for sink and toilet and bath in the bathroom area?

Same question for hot on the separate shower and bath, can I 'T' that joint too?

The pressure is pretty decent in our village, our old house has 5 bar static, the new build has new water main.

Being able to T would reduce manifold sizes. I was just checking if this is the normal way to plumb up bathrooms

If my thoughts are incorrect then what is the normal way from a manifold to plumb bathrooms?

If it’s new build I would be more concerned about putting in upstairs wet rooms before any settlement/ timber shrinkage has occurred. Obviously this depends a bit on construction methods - but this can be a disaster waiting to happen, they will fail....

Are you fitting an unvented cylinder with balanced cold?
What part of the country? someone here might be local

Yes its un-vented cylinder with balanced hot cold feed. Its the UK

With a balanced hot/cold supply I would like to know if connecting the bath and sink hots together under the bath would be ok, same for cold?

. This would reduce manifold size in the airing cupboard. I would also put inline isolators on feeds at sink and bath.

@ Bee gee

The building shell, roof on with windows and doors installed has been sat nearly a year. Its very dry now. The concrete floor is under 10 dampness reading (calibrated damp meter)

Yes there fine would do them in 22mm with secondary’s depending on length

Reply to Manifold hot cold plumbing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock