Search the forum,

Discuss mains supply under foundations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

osheye

hi , what are the options for ducting of new mdpe pipe under foundations , is it easy to obtain material , thanks in advance.

110mm drain pipe & long radius bend so not at all difficult to find, if you are less than 750mm in from the outside wall where it comes up then you will need to insulate it first before you push it through. G7-2c.jpg

hi all , ta to chris and merry xmas , additional , what sort of seal at ends of duct ? water tight..............

is it ok to put through foundations still? i thought it was changed. That you had to put a lintel in and let it pass under that? Or can you just core drill a hole in existing foundations for soile pipe?

depends on the water co guy signing off the work for you or whether your plumber can sign it off if they are an approved plumber. If situation is such that you cannt get 750 down due to concrete already there then common sense applies, get the pipe in via a duct and insulate if possible. If it a new build then just follow the rules as theres no excuse not to.

Ment to come back to this one & forgot, sorry. If mains is going under the foundation & sometime also if going through the outside wall with other services there may be a requirement for a lintel to spread the load around the duct.
(sorry mutley just seen your post)

What type of floor construction have you got ? If it comes up through a ventilated floor void (suspended wooden or block & beam) then it must be insulated, check that the size of the MDPE & insulation will fit in the 110mm.
If it is a solid floor & the mains comes in further than 750mm from the outside wall then no insulation is required (must still be in a duct) if less than 750mm then insulated as pic.
Make sure new mains is run between 750 & 1350mm deep & do not back fill until water undertaker has carried out reg's inspection they will want to see it.

Seal - watched a youtube vid the other day, it was crap but they did have a purpose made seal for the end of the pipe which I had not seen before, will investigate but if anyone else knows of one let us have details.

Installing a new water line under a slab foundation may be necessary during house renovations or when you are adding an extension to your house. Running a new water line under a slab foundation is a major task and you should only carry it out with the help of a friend. You do not need to be an expert to run a water line under a slab foundation, but you do need to take precautions to avoid causing any damage to your house.

It would also be a big help if the friend helping you is a plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mains supply under foundations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock