• Welcome to PlumbersLive.com - Please register for free, or login if you have an account here already. We have relaunched the forum with new forum software and a nice new feel to it. Find common questions related to Boilers, Central Heating, Gas Engineering, Water Plumbing, Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling - all in our forums.

Luke warm Bristan shower- advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom.sophie

Our shower was lovely and warm after I moved the temperature control pin fully to the left but there wasn't much of a range of temperature. This was fine for the winter but I wanted to change it for the summer. So I opened it up again to see if I could fix it but now it's luke warm or cold again unless I turn the temperature for the hot water up to max on the combi boiler.
any ideas what I have done wrong? I thought that it might be the cold water pressure and it had been changed as I turned the water off and on but playing around with switching the mains on a bit or full doesn't help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 37

Paulus

Plumber
:welcome:

If hot water is getting to the shower body, you can check by touching the left hand feed out of the wall, it is either a blockage in the filter on the hot side or the cartridge is knackered.

I think you access the filter by removing the cartridge on that model. This means undoing that big nut in the middle and drawing the cartridge out.:welcome:

T

Tom.sophie

Thanks for your reply! I will give that a go and let you know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.