Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for advice for coming into the industry.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am currently working towards my SVQ Level 3 Diploma in Domestic Natural Gas SCQF Level 6 at Fife College and work placements with Fife Council.

Due to sit my ACS in December and start looking for work around christmas time.

I am due to get the following qualifications:

CCN1
CENWAT
HTR1
MET1
LAU1
DAH1
CKR1

I just wondered what other courses/training would be beneficial to give me the edge when applying for jobs later in the year? I have signed up for a worcester fault finding course and currently looking into getting an unvented ticket. Any advice on this would be great. I am based in Fife, Scotland but happy to travel for anything that will help me in the long run.

Jamie

Baxi 3 day course is brilliant and a good starter for people just coming into / finishing training

Any reason you doing your meters as well ?

Excellent, I will definately have a look into the Baxi course Shaun, cheers! I see they have a training centre in Glasgow so I will get in touch with them.

The gas meters is just part of the SVQ as far as I am aware, there has been a company come into the college and promised us jobs on the smart meters, including training for the electric side, but I would like to keep that as a Plan B for now, Feel like I would forget everything ive learnt!

Good luck and keep us updated and if you have any questions just ask them, I'm sure one of us will know the answer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for advice for coming into the industry.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock