Search the forum,

Discuss London Earnings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

martyof

Hey Guys was thinking of going for my Gas certificates and just wondered what the average earnings in London were for it. I know it varies on your type of employment, how hard you want to work etc. but I reckon its around the 40k mark. Would this be a fair estimate?

Many thanx
Marty

marty the steeets of london are not paved with gold
as a newly qualified engineer you stand litle or no hope of securing employment with a company if i sound pessimistic there is a reason not a week goes by without someone posting how much or how quick will i earn after doing my fast track course
there is a shortage of work not a shortage of engineers and as a newly qualified one you are so far down the pile it doesnt warrant a mention

i am only telling you this for your own good,any trade requires years of mentoring and especially on the gas side your initial outlay for training tools van public liability van insurance advertising is going to soar past 10,000 before you even blink and without any trade contacts getting work self employed will be dire

and finally getting a gas engineer to let you tag allong to gain your acs and then set up in competition to him is a bit of a no brainer really

Hey Guys was thinking of going for my Gas certificates and just wondered what the average earnings in London were for it. I know it varies on your type of employment, how hard you want to work etc. but I reckon its around the 40k mark. Would this be a fair estimate?

Many thanx
Marty

Well I do not like talking income ect but as far as your est is concerned would say some weeks you can,some weeks you can't

:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
London is good , fast , cheap but you can only have two

I will explain

if its good and fast it will not be cheap

if its good and cheap it will not be fast

if its fast and cheap it will not be good

Simples ;)

I do work in London and I get that sort of money all the time trouble is I have to travel from Yorkshire to get it

not so Simples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to London Earnings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I am currently looking for work as a trainee gas service/ repair engineer in the Merseyside area. I am a commercial pipefitter/ heating engineer looking to upskill and move into domestic gas, specifically service and repair but install work would also interest me. I have over 12 years...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
T
Firstly, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I had a quick scout around and couldn't find anything so here we go.......... I'm about to embark on a bit of a career change and am starting a Level 2 Plumbing & Heating Course shortly. I'm going to do this two evenings a week in...
Replies
Views
T
M
Has anyone else received an email like below? Job Opportunity‏ Cara Bernardini ([email protected]) Add to contacts 13/05/2013 Documents To: Johanna Larsdotter From: Cara Bernardini ([email protected]) Your junk email filter is set to exclusive...
Replies
Views
barronbathrooms
B
C
Hello all, I am a self employed Plumber working in London and am looking at the best ways to advertise. I know word of mouth is the best way, but at the moment I use 'Rated People' which is good but not great as you don't always win the work and have to underprice yourself constantly. I...
Replies
Views
gravytrain
G
M
Hi, My name is Martin Cassidy. I am currently working towards the ACS qualification and looking for a Gas Safe registered engineer to work alongside to complete my portfolio and sign it off. I have already gained the city & guilds 6129 level 2 in plumbing and worked alongside a plumber for two...
Replies
Views
martin29
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock