Search the forum,

Discuss Logic heat only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flue man

Are the logic heat only boilers any good , usually fit the baxi solo , also which are the best rf controls to use on a heat only boiler??
Thanks

Oh if you've been installing solo you will love the logics. Needs a pump live connection tho!

I am also infatuated with wb cdi regular.

They're a bit big I find. Taller than a normal heat only. Sometimes won't fit where a solo has been.

Next time I'll be trying a Viessman - no pump overrun.

Next time I'll be trying a Viessman - no pump overrun.

Don't do it! They don't like it. I know the reps say it's ok but in reality they are a nuisance I tried one and ended up dragging a cable back to the boiler.

Intergas don't need a pump overrun and seem ok I guess due to mass of heat exchanger

Tom the viessman don't need a pump overrun but because they fire pretty aggressively then if they cycle for any reason they bake the sludge to the heat exchanger.

trust me, i had to take a dozen off the wall and flush out!!!

Vissesman are heaps of crap! It's a mix up between a Vokera and an ariston. TO be totally frank the vodens is an absolute heap. I would rather maintain 200 ravenheat a that two of those!

The cdi regular can come off bottom or it has a pre set up pipe work and built in standoff for top exit gas can come from top too.

Just when it's full u need to wait 30mins while it's on low burn. You can override but pita!

Last edited by a moderator:
The logic heat only is a brilliant boiler, so easy to fit and comes with an easy to fit rear flue option!

Just like all the ideal range at the moment absolute brilliant.

Dont forget to order the Logic +, not the Logic.

Small difference in name, five years difference in warranty.

mcniven just randomly i called them today about one i have just priced boilermate 2000 does not need a pump over run so just the Lne and swlive

The logic and logic + are the same boiler the only difference is

* Warranty
* Cover
* Display

The price diff is around £150 for us, so its always worth it for the extra 5 years warranty at present (will go back to a 5 year warranty from 7 I think end of April)

tho the plus looks like a logic with the display,

currently independent + is my budget boiler logic plus is mid range top is vogue unless customers want the worcester thats all i have been fitting bar the proman and solos on green deal stuff

mcniven just randomly i called them today about one i have just priced boilermate 2000 does not need a pump over run so just the Lne and swlive

When engineer visits on a callout wave goodbye to warranty!

Post deleted - I was confusing Baxi and Ideal.

I blame a very acceptable Chilean Cab Sav, served with hovis digestives and some "fruity and aromatic" Waitrose cheddar.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got ideal to send it to me in writing, i had to speak to one of there managers as 3 people could not give me a straight answer

It was a gledhill gb30 with boilermate2000 replacing the gledhill and putting an logic plus in work with the boilermate

Just put the 3 core flex into terminals then block and tape it hide behind the gyproc ...

Joke

Boiler mate wouldn't have any benefit from pump overrun as it's a store so once satisfied boiler would just pump 85c water back through hex, wouldn't cool it much? Had a system mate causing boiler to lock out on f6 I think / flow issue ?

I have an Ideal Logic Heat 18kw left over from a contract for sale if anyone wants it. Unopened. £350.00?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic heat only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock