Search the forum,

Discuss Location of secondary return pump and return pipe for underfloor heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am fitting a secondary return on a system, tank will be in the loft. All the pipework goes up to the loft at the back of a cupboard, I would like the pump to go on the return pipe in here so it is easily accessable for maintenance. My collegue says he thinks it should go to as near to the tank as possible, anybody any thoughts? The return pipe for underfloor heating, can it join the system anywhere convenient or should it join after the last radiator connection? Thanks.

Ok, in order to get a decent response on UFPF we will need a diagram id the layout rel. heights positions etc of the whole system and what you are intending to do, maybe you need not but the experts on here will be able to help you then
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Location of secondary return pump and return pipe for underfloor heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return to reduce the wait for hot water. HW is coming from unvented cylinder with a secondary return connection. The secondary return is almost straight...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to live in and we're having an issue with water not staying hot when the secondary return circuit is on. From a starting point of fully heated the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock