Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Mixing/Blending Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madge84

Hi,
My hot water tank has developed a leak so I called a plumber out to have a look. He said that the leak was coming from the 'blending valve', I was hoping that he would suggest tightening something or replacing a part, but he suggested I get his colleague out to quote for an entire new heating system. His reasons being that the tank looks corroded and may not survive the fitting of a new valve (if he can find one that is?).

The current system may be about 20 years old, but it works perfectly well and I've not had any previous issues with it. It just seems a little drastic to replace everything (at a price of £1800) to fix a leak.

Any advice will be appreciated. Many thanks.

Hello Madge and welcome along,

working on an old cylinder may well be enough to disturb a weak point and it start leaking.
that would not mean the need for a complete new heating system,boiler and all??

but without seeing it, not so easy to judge.
best advise is get some other quotes, see what they say/recommend.

Hello Madge84 and welcome where is you location maybe someone on the forum would be available to come and give you a second opinion regards turnpin
icon7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Mixing/Blending Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of...
Replies
Views
The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush. It's an open vented system. Any ideas on controlling or fixing the leak? Should I turn off the red valve (pic 1) that has a leak next to it and rundown the hot water? Pic 2 a...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock