Search the forum,

Discuss leaking compression fitting - can’t turn off supply in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Have a lead supply pipe and the compression fitting where it joins copper in the house has started dripping.
Unfortunately it’s before the stop-tap so have no way of turning off water. Anyway to fix it externally?
Have just tried some Fernax stuff but wouldn’t stick and ended up everywhere. Any stuff you guys can recommend?
Don’t care if it’s a bodge as have applied for the lead replacement so should be changed to plastic at some point In the future

Being under mains pressure there is no product, at least no goo or paste or compound that I know of which will hold it back long enough to set. The water will always push through.

You may, just may be able to use some sort pipe repair clamp if the rubber is malleable enough to get into where it needs to be sealed. The problem is that you are not going on to a smooth pipe so sealing it is going to be awkward.

Live in a row of terraces and the only ones that have stop taps out front are the ones who’ve have meters and plastic installed.

No way I’m fiddling with the fitting- live mains water with no way of turning off- no ta (coming from a spark who frequently has to work on live electrics)

The tape looks worth a shot maybe I’ll lather it in plumbers mate- was even thinking some sticks like sh*t.

Would a pro be able to freeze it and rejoin you rekon?

Awkward place to get to as well, about 1/2m lead pipe comes in at an angle then the compression fitting all 5cm off ground.

house has enough damp as it Is so do want to add anything to the mix. The joys of renovating a Victorian terrace

Reply to leaking compression fitting - can’t turn off supply in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock