Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking bathroom Waterfall mixer tap with shower attachment in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi to everyone, newbie here.

I have a waterfall mixer tap with a shower attachment which has started leaking. I have replaced both the ceramic disc cartridges, ensuring that everything was clean before hand but its still leaking. To enable the shower, you lift a knob which is situated in the centre of the two tap levers and this opens the valve directs the flow to the shower head.

As well as replacing both cartridges, I've removed the pipe for the shower which connects to the taps via a threaded connector under the tap unit and left this open to drain any water, but this still leaks.

I'm at a loss at what else to try other than replacing the whole tap unit, which I don't really want to do as apart from the unit being in good condition, will also require taking the bath out to get at the underneath.

Any help greatly received

Rgds
Phree

Thanks guys. Apologies for the delay in responding but the local store had to order replacement parts when I returned the originals. The new ones are much better, but I wouldn't say 100% watertight, although the leak now is so slight that it is hardly noticeable. I may nip them up a bit tighter if I can.

Think I prefer the old fashioned taps where I just replace the washer, cheaper and far easier.

Thanks again

P

Reply to Leaking bathroom Waterfall mixer tap with shower attachment in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the tap. There is a small hole (8mm?) to the side but I can’t seem to get a fixing from either a alum key or screwdriver. Ever hopeful…? Matt
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock