• Welcome to PlumbersLive.com - Please register for free, or login if you have an account here already. We have relaunched the forum with new forum software and a nice new feel to it. Find common questions related to Boilers, Central Heating, Gas Engineering, Water Plumbing, Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling - all in our forums.

leaking bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikcon105

Good morning
This might sound daft, my plastic roll top bath apears to be leaking through the bolts on the steel feet. Has anyone had or heard of this, any ideas would be grateful

turnpin

Plumber
Hi Mikon105 and welcome not heard of this before as they say every picture tells a story is this a new installation ? post up a picture and hopefully one of the mods will arrange for us to look at it and advise you accordingly....regards Turnpin:welcome::welcome:

M

mikcon105

Morning Turnpin, thanks for the reply. The bath was installed 6 years ago. I have just noticed that the drip continues even when no water in bath, dont get me wrong it is not a massive leak, just a small pool overnight. Have checked underneath with mirror and the drip is definately from bolt heads. Sorry dont know how to post a photo. Regards Mikcon.

AlexGas

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am sure its not splashing over. Whats fubar

Neil K

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Morning Turnpin, thanks for the reply. The bath was installed 6 years ago. I have just noticed that the drip continues even when no water in bath, dont get me wrong it is not a massive leak, just a small pool overnight. Have checked underneath with mirror and the drip is definately from bolt heads. Sorry dont know how to post a photo. Regards Mikcon.
If the drip continues even if there's no water in the bath then where's the water coming from? Think about it

I

iiplumbing

What foot appears to be "leaking" the one near the tap connections and/or waste?

Are you sure its not running down the outside of the bath making it look like its the foot?

having said that have you recently tried to "tighten" the bolts holding the feet in place?

Russ

wetdrip

Plumber
Condensation and gravity?

Status
Not open for further replies.