Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Basin Mono Mixer Tap & Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My basin mono mixer (model No: ME00101) is 10 years old & leaks at the bottom base of the mixer stand & underneath the hand lever. Water is running down the LHS hose pipe as a drip. I closed the ball valve on the hose but water still leaks. (A) What is wrong with the mixer? (B) Is the mixer broken & if so does it need to be replaced in entirety? (C) Do New cartridges need to be installed into the mixer. If so where to source, what type & make? (D) Do new washers need to be installed possibly as the old washers maybe broken/rotten? (E) Is it easier & worthwhile getting a brand new mixer? If so what recommendations does everyone suggest re durability etc so this does not happen again? (F) Perhaps it better to purchase one these units with separate taps to avoid this problem again re lever re this link: Butler & Rose Carlton Mono Basin Mixer(G) Can a new mixer be installed by myself or does a plumber need to do this? If myself all I need to do is to close off the ball valves when inserting a new tap right?

I don't recall where I bought the original mixer from.

Attachments

• Basin Mono Mixer.jpg
    Basin Mono Mixer.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Flexi Hose & Ball Valve (a).jpg
    Flexi Hose & Ball Valve (a).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Flexi Hose & Ball Valve (b).jpg
    Flexi Hose & Ball Valve (b).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 9
Yes it needs to be replaced 10 years service is not bad , Francis pegler , bristan , inta all good brands and will have spares available. Cheers kop
Yes it needs to be replaced 10 years service is not bad , Francis pegler , bristan , inta all good brands and will have spares available. Cheers kop
Hello KOP. Thanks for your reply. Are you able to reply to any of my questions (A-G) above please? It seems that no one cartridge is universal. cheers

Reply to Leaking Basin Mono Mixer Tap & Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock