Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from Water pipe coupler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

I was fixing a stuck tap in my garden today, and after turning the isolator back on a coupler further along the pipe work started leak.

The coupler has hex nut screw so I decided to try tightening it, that didn't work and more water started to come out.

After isolating the water again, I fully removed the screw and its thread doesn't match the threaded hole in the coupler.

I have wrapped the screw in PTFE tape and put it back, but I would like to get a replacement screw.

I have attached a picture of the coupler (Sorry if that is the wrong term)

Can someone help please?

Attachments

• 20200812_192335.jpg
    20200812_192335.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 15
Double check valve

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/double-check-valve-15mm/96336

If you replace the old DCV with a new one make sure it's fitted inside and not outside. And with the arrow pointing in the direction of flow. Basic info but important.

Reply to Leak from Water pipe coupler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon all, It appears my toilet inlet pipe has developed a leak at on of the top 2 joints (between plastic pipe into toilet and between copper pipe with isolator screw) I'll attach pic. Just wondering what the fitting is that I need. Thanks, G
Replies
Views
Pinhole in Black Alkathene 17.5 3/8" under concrete driveway. Hello, we have managed to 'dink' the mains water supply to our house, during some excavations for a drain. And we are hoping for some advice on the best way to proceed. The leak is only a pinhole, but after a few days it has escaped...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock