Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from isolation valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I hope someone can help me. I have a leak coming from my isolation valve on filling loop on my combi boiler. I have purchased a new loop and am going to install it myself. I just would like to ask in the photo Ive attached is it only the pink highlighted area I take off and replace? And also if I do will there be much water from that end or is that the end connected to the mains and will flood the place lol. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_183025.jpg
    IMG_20200421_183025.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200421_172731.jpg
    IMG_20200421_172731.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 23
easy enough to do yes there will be water there grab your self a bucket undo the flexi hose from the left hand valve put the end into said bucket and open the right hand valve

you may need to turn the right hand valve off to empty the bucket depending on size

once water has stopped your free to undo the nut and change the leaking part

then refill and vent the system like normal

That's great. Helped a lot. Can I ask one more question. As a precautionary method should I give this a half turn to make sure the isolation valve on that side is working correctly. I've seen a few videos of people saying never to trust that they work. And am I right in saying if the isolation valve on that isn't working (shutting water off) I, will flood the place lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20200422_093110.jpg
    IMG_20200422_093110.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 16
Most people dont, but you should remove the filling loop once your done filling. Prevents heating system water and chems polluting the drinking water and protects boiler from over pressure if valves let by.

No as if it’s not leaking now it won’t leak unless messed with so I would leave alone you could change the left hand side one as well just turn your mains water off and do the same

Most people dont, but you should remove the filling loop once your done filling. Prevents heating system water and chems polluting the drinking water and protects boiler from over pressure if valves let by.
Okay thanks for that.
[automerge]1587546678[/automerge]
No as if it’s not leaking now it won’t leak unless messed with so I would leave alone you could change the left hand side one as well just turn your mains water off and do the same
That's great. Thanks for the clear info. Fingers crossed from here lol.

Open the cold kitchen tap so the water can drain into the sink when you undo the left hand nut

Reply to Leak from isolation valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing for using them but I have heard elsewhere that they cause problems and are prone to leaking, especially when used after long periods. I noticed a...
Replies
Views
The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a like-for-like replacement so that I can just do a straight swap of the entire isolation valve without having to worry about resizing pipes, but my google...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hi, The isolation valve feeding my toilet cistern was leaking. After considerable effort, I was able to lift up the cistern to put an O-ring washer around the top of the inner circle referred to with an arrow in the attached image. Unfortunately, when I let the water through, there was a burst...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock