Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen plumbing help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am struggling with new plumbing for under the kitchen sink.

I have hot and cold feeds. The hot is no issue as that can go straight to the tap however the cold feed i need to have the cold tap(1/2"), and a y connector to feed the washing machine and dishwasher.

However how can i get this all in 1? I am currently using a appliance t-compression to allow the 3/4" y connector but then the 3/4" other part of the T does not fit the 1/2" tap connector.

Please help as to how and what connectors i need in order to get this to work.

Thanks

Will

I think a pic would help..?

You’ll probably need a washing machine tee
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/washi...MIjviWhOrS4wIVzLTtCh2QagpdEAQYASABEgLMGPD_BwE

And a 15-1/2 adapter
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compression-adapting-male-coupler-15mm-x/69358
Or 15-1/2 female connector https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x/58294

Without a picture I assume you’ll probably have to cut the 15mm lower down

Hi

I am struggling with new plumbing for under the kitchen sink.

I have hot and cold feeds. The hot is no issue as that can go straight to the tap however the cold feed i need to have the cold tap(1/2"), and a y connector to feed the washing machine and dishwasher.

However how can i get this all in 1? I am currently using a appliance t-compression to allow the 3/4" y connector but then the 3/4" other part of the T does not fit the 1/2" tap connector.

Please help as to how and what connectors i need in order to get this to work.

Thanks

Will
Hi take a piccy, post it on here and I am sure we on UKPF will be able to guide you..be quick tho as we are all clocking off soon as it is poets day
...centralheatking

Thanks fir the replie. Haha yes poets day of course.

Here is a pic from above best i can.
Its the cold water part with the issue. I have a connector in there from the cold inlet. The underneath feeds the y connector for the washing machine and dishwasher but where i have a cap on it that is too large for my 1/2" tap connector flex hose.
Learning as i go here but I am guessing wrong connector?

Thanks

20190726_160149.jpg

Use a spanner to take the two hexagonal caps off then Robert is your mothers brother. Then your piece should screw directly to it

Last edited:
I would personally change the set up, from what I can make out (the picture from above didn’t help much) try taking it in front of the pipe work?

However the thread is 3/4 hence why the assumed 1/2 flexi won’t fit. A 3/4 female to 1/2 male reducer like this
DZR Brass Pipe Adaptor 3/4" to 1/2"
With some ptfe or loctite on the threads will probably help you out
But As I say I’d rework the set up

I would personally change the set up, from what I can make out (the picture from above didn’t help much) try taking it in front of the pipe work?

However the thread is 3/4 hence why the assumed 1/2 flexi won’t fit. A 3/4 female to 1/2 male reducer like this
DZR Brass Pipe Adaptor 3/4" to 1/2"
With some ptfe or loctite on the threads will probably help you out
But As I say I’d rework the set up

Thanks... how would you have it set up?
Starting with the copper pipe cold feed...what connector would allow to have all 3 feeds (washing machine, dishwasher and tap).
Plumber just left me with the copper pipe capped off!
Think might just get another plumber in!

Cheers

Without actually seeing the job it’s hard to say due to space commitments and stuff

However 15 mm with a tee. The centre going to something like this https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compr...MIw8WzpvbS4wIVCLTtCh1oKwJaEAQYASABEgL7iPD_BwE

Then the rest of the 15mm with a 15 to 1/2 adaptor for your flexi.
I would draw a pretty picture but I’m on mobile.

As I say that’s just my way of doing it others will have there way and opinion. :)

You could just get your plumber back and let him sort it?

Without actually seeing the job it’s hard to say due to space commitments and stuff

However 15 mm with a tee. The centre going to something like this https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compr...MIw8WzpvbS4wIVCLTtCh1oKwJaEAQYASABEgL7iPD_BwE

Then the rest of the 15mm with a 15 to 1/2 adaptor for your flexi.
I would draw a pretty picture but I’m on mobile.

As I say that’s just my way of doing it others will have there way and opinion. :)

You could just get your plumber back and let him sort it?

Ha thanks but I dont want him back.
That link you sent to is the t in the picture.
I have drawn a diagram.
Would this work do you think?
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compr...UzrabJb4eBj-V_C2dQvgH-9e3P2Vk5R0aAvfdEALw_wcB

Thanks

20190726_172235.jpg

The drawing makes a lot more sense! Although majorly over complicated for what it really needs to be...

The link to the fitting would work without the nut and olive on the 15mm end. However it isn’t the correct way that fitting should be used. End of.

You could however used that fitting and a small piece of 15mm with a

Although it’s over complicating things really. More joints = more potentials for leaks.

If you’re adamant you don’t want the previous plumber back then I’d get someone new in. It’s a straight forward enough job :p

Edit: wrong linko_O

The drawing makes a lot more sense! Although majorly over complicated for what it really needs to be...

The link to the fitting would work without the nut and olive on the 15mm end. However it isn’t the correct way that fitting should be used. End of.

You could however used that fitting and a small piece of 15mm with a

Although it’s over complicating things really. More joints = more potentials for leaks.

If you’re adamant you don’t want the previous plumber back then I’d get someone new in. It’s a straight forward enough job :p

Edit: wrong linko_O

Thanks for your help anyway. Just didnt get how all 3 can come off a connector. I think maybe he should hsve taken a feed off separately for the aplliances and carried on for the tap.

Went to screwfix before snd they gave me a connector 3/4 to 15mm but the 3/4 end had no washer meaning leaked straight away.

You’re welcome... it’s what we’re here for

Probably needed some ptfe tap on the fitting screwfix gave you to seal the thread although you’d still be stuck with a 1/2 bsp connection and 15mm compression though?

That’s exactly what he should have done:)

I still don’t get this in your picture you can see a cold washing machine feed why can’t you just screw the Y piece that you have onto the washing machine valve with the blue handle on it? I am assuming your tap is already plumbed in off the pipework elsewhere? Or is it a brand-new tap install?

Reply to Kitchen plumbing help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run into some trouble when connecting the flexi hot and cold pipes to the hot and cold mains pipes. The connection end of the flexi pipe from the tap is a15mm, however the mains pipe I need to connect to is a 12mm. What connector do I need to buy? So far...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock