Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen mixer tap hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

horseunderwater

Cannot fully turn it off now and it is permanently running. Could it be the new fangled ceramic thing that is now used instead of the rubber washers of old? Also all hot taps now have air in them and they are spouting all over. Assume it is related to first problem.
Mark and Frances.:confused:

Hi

First problem is a new CD valve is required

Second problem would need some more info, what system are you on

Has the only started since the tap leaked?

Hi
Hubby has just looked at pipes under sink and found that we have no isolation valves in line, so we cannot turn off there, which means we will have to empty tank etc. Kitchen fitted in 2006 and I thought they had to be put in these days.
Yes the spurting seems to be happening only since the running hot tap.
We really are not having much luck with whole system, no heating for past month about 50% of time and during most of Christmas due to gas meter failure and other things going wrong. Costing loads of money. Hence why hubby trying to do most of it. Have just had a wiring expert from a local plumber come in to tell us that we had no live feed to boiler and that it was all wired wrong, only turned out it was wired right, just that timer control was not talking to the boiler and it was this that had failed. Honeywell 9400c which was new, so had to get refund on that. The old one that we thought had failed still works!
Can I ask if a CD valve is silver with 2 black plastic collars on it? We seem to have a spare one for the bath mixers. And I assume that kitchen will be different size to a bath one?
Thanks for any further help in advance.
Frances and Mark.

Its likely to be a different size for the kitchen mixer and as for its look they are usually brass but vary from each manufacturer

I would recommend whacking isolation valves on after your hunbby has drained its good practise.

If you speak to the manufacture of the kitchen tap they should provide the CD valve free if its in warranty

No need to drain the tank - use the shut off valve on the DHW feed to the cylinder, or if it's seized used the carrot & tatie trick.

Hubby had it all apart, the other day when he had some spare time and said that the valve itself shuts off the flow fine. What seems to be the problem is a little plastic moulded bit that sits between the knob and the valve, presumably linking the two so that you can turn off the tap properly.
Can you get a replacement for these things or do we need to buy a whole new mixer tap unit? Also are they one size fits all?:confused: Mark and Frances.

Hubby had it all apart, the other day when he had some spare time and said that the valve itself shuts off the flow fine. What seems to be the problem is a little plastic moulded bit that sits between the knob and the valve, presumably linking the two so that you can turn off the tap properly.
Can you get a replacement for these things or do we need to buy a whole new mixer tap unit? Also are they one size fits all?:confused: Mark and Frances.
Further - have now decided to buy a new kitchen mixer tap unit for under ÂŁ20 on Ebay as this seems easiest and hopefully cheapest option.

Last edited by a moderator:
New tap arrived yesterday and got fitted yesterday. Had to fit it backwards though as bolt was impossible to access and tighten up in the correct position, so we now have an art deco style tap with hot tap on right and backwards movement.
They move easier than previous ones so hopefully will not be subject to same problems.
Mark and Frances.:D

New tap arrived yesterday and got fitted yesterday. Had to fit it backwards though as bolt was impossible to access and tighten up in the correct position, so we now have an art deco style tap with hot tap on right and backwards movement.
They move easier than previous ones so hopefully will not be subject to same problems.
Mark and Frances.:D
swap the cartidges to get the operation the right way reverse the feeds to get hot left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen mixer tap hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm having problems with an old kitchen mixer tap.......the cold side is dripping from spout so I attempted to remove the brass cartridge to change rubber washers but for some reason after fully unscrewing it doesn't want to come out. Maybe something simple stopping it but I didn't...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved back we have no hot water. British gas came for 5 hours on saturday and replaced every single part of the boiler to do with the hot water as well as the...
Replies
Views
My kitchen mixer tap (Franke Zurich) has developed a drip. Presumably the cartridge (hot) has started to wear out. It is one that I replaced about 3 and half yrs ago for the same reason (not sure how old its predecessor was as we inherited it). Doesn't seem a particularly great lifespan, but I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I recently purchased this mixer, as I'm in one of those homes where my taps are all separate hot and cold without mixers (it boggles the mind as to why this is still a thing). I foolishly did so without measuring the size of the brass pipes attached to the tap. Long story short; my...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock