Search the forum,

Discuss kettling ideal calssic rs250 (yes that old chestnut) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
some on here may remember the problem of the kettling rs250.

well today I did some gas consumption tests. this has flagged up a possible cause for the slow heatup, kettling, and crazy temps on the bottom of the heat exchanger but no where else.

ive checked the manual and as follows:

min gas consumption 14.9 kwh
mid 16.7 kwh
max 18.3 kwh

well mine, according to a 10 year old gas meter, is using 12.95kwh.

seems a tad low. what apart from incorrect setup could cause this? is it worth getting a GS to tune it up and see if it behaves?

forgot to mention since using the x400, and leaving it in the system permanently the kettling seems to have all but gone, just has a wheezing sound now bit like a kettle just starting up.

when was it last serviced? part of a service is to check the gas supply, gas settings etc... along with making sure all is safe and working correctly.

your guess is as good as mine. we moved in nearly a year ago, and didn't find much evidence of servicing. when I had the cover off I found no end of crap laid in it.

how much should a service cost? would they take the covers off the heat exchanger and check its not full of crap also?

oh the wheezing noise seem to be coming from the magnaclean pro 2 I fitted. so im guessing its just the water cavitating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kettling ideal calssic rs250 (yes that old chestnut) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hello, browsed before and get good information and tips, and after this last weeks adeventures I thought it as good a time as any to join and ask a question ( or two) that hopefully can be clearly answered by the professionals on the forum. Firstly a little background, not in the wet trades...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock