Search the forum,

Discuss is it ok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

to pressurise the primary side i.e. heating on a vented cylinder. I was told it is ok but it doesnt sit right with me I would prefer one system or another but of cours I am probably wrong.

eddie

Of course it is as its the hot water thats vented. Cyl stat for control

As long as the pressurised circuit has appropriate safety ie prv, ex vess .stat

Yes. you wouldn't normally put more than 3 bar into it. Don't forget to install a prv, expansion vessel and controls.

Last edited:
Eddie, Kris is of course correct. This is how a 'system' boiler works, either Gas or Oil. As long as the Cylinder is a Double Feed Indirect to BS1566 Part 1. The primary (heating) water and the secondary (domestic hot water) are separated by a physical heat exchanger or 'coil'.
An electrical Cylinder Thermostat will control the primary circuit via a motorised valve.

Eddie, Kris is of course correct. This is how a 'system' boiler works, either Gas or Oil. As long as the Cylinder is a Double Feed Indirect to BS1566 Part 1. The primary (heating) water and the secondary (domestic hot water) are separated by a physical heat exchanger or 'coil'.
An electrical Cylinder Thermostat will control the primary circuit via a motorised valve.

Thanks guys wasnt sure re the coil in a vented but thats why i love it here so much knowledge......

cheers

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to is it ok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We're looking to update our existing central heating setup and wanted to get a few more opinions. We currently have an open vented conventional boiler with cold water expansion tank in attic and indirect vented hot water cylinder. Initially we thought we would just swap to a combi...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock