Search the forum,

Discuss intergas or viessmann? Maybe something else!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So, I need a system boiler.

5 bed, 2 bathroom, 3 underfloor zones(25sq m/26sq m / 12 sqm), 2 radiator zones(upper and lower), hot water(mains pressure 250ltr oso).

I was looking at a viessmann, then an ideal gen2, however have been looking into the intergas system boilers.

Are they that good? boiler needs to be 27-35kw.

Any better ideas? Thanks in advance.

Strange question, I could set the boiler up with the zones and water cylinder as needed, however also use the hot water side of the boiler to run the kitchen etc? The boilers in the kitchen, so if it'll do hot water also, then it just means a much shorter pipe run to the sinks etc? In effect i'll have mains pressure for the showers and the combi side for the kitchen/utility?

Strange question, I could set the boiler up with the zones and water cylinder as needed, however also use the hot water side of the boiler to run the kitchen etc? The boilers in the kitchen, so if it'll do hot water also, then it just means a much shorter pipe run to the sinks etc? In effect i'll have mains pressure for the showers and the combi side for the kitchen/utility?
got ya head screwed on right, lots of ways to control these boilers too OT,WC, PDHW

Nice boilers a new model due out shortly a with centre flue the xtreme .kop

20180321_142211.jpg

Last edited:
As above KOP has mentioned really good interior designed boilers. However, you will always get different opinions from each installer. My preference is Vaillant and especially in your case i would have gone with the exclusive green iq exclusive 627. This system boiler doesn’t need any zone valves which could go faulty at any time too which saves you from hassle. Furthermore the boiler is self modulating which means it modulates between 3.4-27kw ... currently you may not need the full 27kw but 15kw so it won’t use the whole lot.

So there's not a diverter/ zone valve inside the boiler :D

No as the boiler sorts all that out

As above KOP has mentioned really good interior designed boilers. However, you will always get different opinions from each installer. My preference is Vaillant and especially in your case i would have gone with the exclusive green iq exclusive 627. This system boiler doesn’t need any zone valves which could go faulty at any time too which saves you from hassle. Furthermore the boiler is self modulating which means it modulates between 3.4-27kw . currently you may not need the full 27kw but 15kw so it won’t use the whole lot.

how do you control zones without zone valves?

Reply to intergas or viessmann? Maybe something else!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am about to get the attached Viessmann 100-w heat only boiler with pump and diverter valve. Current boiler - Non Condensing System - OV, CH only, no DHW Feeder Tank - Yes Expansion vessel - No Pressure Relief Valve - Yes Filter - No RF connections - 22mm NG pipe - 15mm from meter to...
Replies
Views
We are a few months into our Viessmann Vitodens 100-W 19KW Heat Only boiler and it is working fine. We replaced an old 1999 Baxi. Our house is a 2 bathroom 4 bed detatched, built 1999. The engineer did not really know the Viessmann boiler and I am not convinced his approach of “turn everything...
Replies
Views
hey all, Based in South England, UK. Hope this is the correct place to ask and that ive added all the required info/images. I had an old boiler that was setup with my evohome system, 12 zones in my house, with controls on each radiator - all worked well. Honeywell THR99C3112 Evotouch...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a 35kw system boiler appears to be in 22mm flexible steel pipe (tractpipe, or teslaflex or w/e). Distance from the meter is only 4m-5m or so, and I assume...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock