Search the forum,

Discuss Installation of filter tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Brita filter tap (hot/cold mixer + filtered) and I'm trying to decide what I need for it. Has anybody installed/used on of these and do you have any advice?

I've noticed that the flexi's to the filter are very long (800mm) but they can be hard to get replacements as the tap end an M8 fitting. The other hose going to the filter is 3/8" at both ends.

Do I need a check valve for the filter? While one side of the filter is filtered water, if the water were to flow the opposite way then I'm guessing that some of the filtered rubbish could possibly go back into the drinking water. I was also planning on putting a single check valve on the hot.

Brita instructions are very clear. They are also very supportive as they want their system to work! I have a Brita Torlan and found a drip coming from the spout (after three years). I called them and they sent a replacement cartridge FOC.
What model do you have - it helps if we know!

Brita instructions are very clear. They are also very supportive as they want their system to work! I have a Brita Torlan and found a drip coming from the spout (after three years). I called them and they sent a replacement cartridge FOC.
What model do you have - it helps if we know!

It's the Dolce tap that I have. Getting it working seems pretty straight forward but I want a good installation. The instructions don't seem to mention valves anywhere. What I really want to know is whether I should install check valves. The plumbing (and sink unit) will all be new so it's easy to add the appropriate valves.

While the 800mm flexi pipe will work, I don't really want a huge hose filling my cupboard and getting kinked. I didn't know whether there were any alternatives.

Ideally you should fit an isolating service valve to both hot and cold feed whilst you are doing this work.
You don't necessarily have to use the flexi that Brita have supplied. Many plumbers are a little sceptical about flexis. Here is your opportunity to do a good plumbing job, just like the professionals!

Ideally you should fit an isolating service valve to both hot and cold feed whilst you are doing this work.
You don't necessarily have to use the flexi that Brita have supplied. Many plumbers are a little sceptical about flexis. Here is your opportunity to do a good plumbing job, just like the professionals!

I'm quite limited though. The tap has M8 fittings, so I don't think I can get much else for those. Does anybody know where I can get anything with an M8 fitting (I found a couple flexi's online but that's all)? That just leaves one other flexi, which has 3/8" female at the end. I've found a 300mm flexi that goes from 15mm to 3/8", which would be better than their 800mm.

Reply to Installation of filter tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to connect up water supply to fridge. Behind the fridge there is 15mm isolation valve installed however filter connector has got bigger size. I assume I need some kind of adaptor from smaller to larger size. Could someone advise what exactly do I need please? Thanks
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock