Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Type E cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello ALL,

got one of those bullet proof Ideal Type E 80N conventinally flued Boiler that has started to act up. IE no HOT WATER
boiler started cutting out quicly after switch on (set on HW only demand and then with Heating & hw demand too).
system seems to be fully pumped.
investigated and found
1- pilot light is on.
2- set boiler stat to mark 1 and boiler fire up then burner shuts down several minutes later
3-then moved boiler stat to 3 and burner fires up again for a coupe of minutes
4- then moved boier stat to max and burner fire up for couple of mintues and then burner cuts out
5- checled F&E has water in it
6- checked pump with screw drvier and seems to be strong
7- checked pipes near HW cylinder i loft and found flow and return to be piping hot
8- checked hw thermostate by feeling that pipe was hot on each side of the rad type valve fittied inline in flow next to HW cylinder
9- after some time, 10 min boiler, fires up again when water in pipe drops temperature

its a funny fault because everything ive done indicates nothign obviously wrong...can any one here help please.

thansk very much for you help in adanvce

D368

:iagree:
is it s plan, y plan?
is the pump working ie radiators working?
have you tried manually opening the motorised valve?
is there a flow restriction gate valve that has been closed or become crusted up?

-yes i found that the rads are heatin up
-yes i checked hw cylinder stat that operates a rad type valve on flow of the hw cylinder coil. was hot on both side telling me water was circulating
-this is not a y plan, there are no multiport valves on the system,
-when hw is on rads will heat up unless rad vavles are shut off.

thanks guys

f & e has water in it and there is water in pipes, flow and return hot allthe way up to loft.

-yes i found that the rads are heatin up
-yes i checked hw cylinder stat that operates a rad type valve on flow of the hw cylinder coil. was hot on both side telling me water was circulating
-this is not a y plan, there are no multiport valves on the system,
-when hw is on rads will heat up unless rad vavles are shut off.

thanks guys

How hot was the return from the cylinder? forget how hot the pipe is either side of the valve, that just tells you its managing to get through it! Is the custards complaint that the water isn't getting hot enough? You got to check the diff between f&r at cylinder.... as said it sounds like a circulation issue. whether that's down to the valve in question or a blockage elsewhere is down to you to find out :)

hello all,

thanks very much for all your input, im am of the same opinion that it is some sort of circulation issue. hence i gave the system a does and asked customer to open one rad each day. i will retrun and drain system and refuill with fresh h2o and inhibitor.....
fingers crossed it will work oterhwise ill get the power flusher out

dd368

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Type E cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, Customer has a Ideal Isar HE35 when the boiler fires up for ether hot water or heating, there is knocking noise which seem to he coming from inside the flue manifold. Boiler fires up, knocking noises can be heard from some seconds, after this the boiler cuts out and water squirts out...
Replies
Views
Sandeep
S
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat, Honeywell DT90E room stat and Drayton LP522 controller. Boiler fires up reliably, but after it cuts out as soon as the DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock