Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Standard Dual flush cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WeeChris

My toilet is an ideal standard dual flush, the problem is when we flush the water filling the Custer takes about 4 times as long as normal.

Toilet & cistern fitted 3 years ago and all been fine.

I have new buttons for flush coming as they are cracked. They are not sticking down, they return to normal position.

Any advice what it could be?

if it takes a long time to fill its the float valve washer i would just put another float valve in

Blockage or crud stuck in button bit or inside.

The float valve is that something a non-plumber could do easily?

what exactly is the prob does it take a long time to fill??

maybe but doubt it get a torbeck they will do them there if you feel confident go for it but make sure you put anew tap connector washer on as well use a sponge or something to soak all tje water up from the cistern first, do i need to say turn off the water first though lol:)

Last edited:
ha ha you got shares in fluid master though i agree with you having a few glasses and couldnt think senior moment lol

OK, thanks

Bugger I ordered wrong one on saturday.

Thats what I get for doing it after a few drinks.

New order going in now

Fluidmaster pro49B brass shank don't forget to put a new halve inch fibre washer
To tap connector or it will leak!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Standard Dual flush cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to adjust the large flush button because water continues to run after the cistern has filled up and the button does not return to its proper position, it stays depressed. The small flush button is working OK. In which direction does the dual flush operating plate need to slide/be moved?
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in my opinion, I have replaced the washer and complete unit several times but it always leaks within a short time (between 0-18 months), I would like to...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve lifts lightly and closes giving a very short weak flush. You can manually lift the flush valve in the cistern and it moves freely, flushes fine and...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My toilet flushes ok when the long flush button is pressed - but water continues to flow into the toilet bowl. No problems with the short flush. I have a Siamp Optima 50, the overflow funnel doesn’t seem to drop back down on the long flush. The short flush does all purposes but family members...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock