Search the forum,

Discuss ideal mini s24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keltoyboy

Had a strange one the other day....servicing one of these and customer tells me sometimes hard to start....but if he closes off the flow to upstairs rads fires up no problem.... tried to fire up it wouldn't and he shuts off water to upstairs and boiler fires straight away....
flow switch not making on micro switch but with increased water pressure when water is off upstairs it makes fine....
if switch was not making at all would think diaphram....but as it makes under more water pressure am thinking its heat xchanger getting clogged up......
Any ideas/ suggestions??

does it work fine on hot water? is this a rebadged bisai 24s ? (newer style than the old 24s m96/24sm/c or woteva they call it)

does it work fine on hot water? is this a rebadged bisai 24s ? (newer style than the old 24s m96/24sm/c or woteva they call it)

Its a system boiler southcoast.....not sure if its rebadged....its an oldie....bout 01 i think!!!

They are as you say rebadged Biasi's I would start by pulling the flow diaghram to check condition and go from there.

ok, I thought it was a combi. A partaily split diaphram may still activate flow swich, thats why combis work on hw when the htg is on, the extra pressure behind the diaphram activates the flow switch even if the diaphram is split.
Sounds like there is a partial blockage in the heating circuit then or the pump is running to slow. I would probably still change diaphram to start off with.

Spot on...24 c is the combi...the 24s is the system!

ok well see if you can replace diaphram to start with and check for sludge behind it, the waterway behind the diaphram on the combi tends to block up so I always give that a clean while diaphram is out (I know the combi version quite well but cant picture the system in my head).
Failing that and the pump seems ok I would sugest a flush to the customer and rightly or wrongly I would bend the microswitch lever out slightly so it makes in the meantime. This is up to you and I am not saying its the correct thing to do, the oposite infact. Tell the customer this is a temporary meassure.
Also check for the obvious before hand such as flow/return valves fully open.

ok well see if you can replace diaphram to start with and check for sludge behind it, the waterway behind the diaphram on the combi tends to block up so I always give that a clean while diaphram is out (I know the combi version quite well but cant picture the system in my head).
Failing that and the pump seems ok I would sugest a flush to the customer and rightly or wrongly I would bend the microswitch lever out slightly so it makes in the meantime. This is up to you and I am not saying its the correct thing to do, the oposite infact. Tell the customer this is a temporary meassure.
Also check for the obvious before hand such as flow/return valves fully open.

Ha ha!!!.funny you should say that southcoast......great minds think alike.... told them i thought heat xchanger was getting blocked and system could do with a flush....rads cold at bottom etc....and don't tell anyone but i bent metal in switch out ever so slightly...:)

Hi keltoyboy did you ever get to the bottom of this problem I'm sufferring the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal mini s24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock