Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Mexico Super 2 gas boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dgriff

Hi

I have an Ideal Mexico Super 2 gas boiler and I have a problem. I decided to bleed a radiator because the top was cold but I didn't turn off the heating (pump still on). I know now that I should have turned off the heating before I bled the rad (I'm a dumb bum). Anyway, now when I turn on the heating, it stays on for about 3 mins before switching itself off but sounds like the pump is still purring but the boiler is not firing up.
When I switch the heating off and try to bleed the rads, there's no hissing or pressure. I guess I need to get pressure back into the system. How can I do this? Thanks

is it tank fed if so the system should in theroy self fill , or if its on a sealed system whats your reading on the gauge

Last edited by a moderator:
It is tank fed. There's a small tank in the attic. I don't see any pressure gauge on the boiler itself.

have a look at the ball valve for the small loft tank to make sure it is working correctly, and that there is water in the tank.

if its sealed the guage could be anywhere but usually near the boiler or in the airing cupboard
one of our favourites was putting one in the end of the kitchen rad with the filling loop in a cupboard

I think I've solved it. The pipe coming from the tank in the attic has a pipe coming from it. This pipe has a red tap on it downstairs just above the hot water tank. It was closed so no water was entering the system from the tank in the attic. The tap is open now so water is coming in to the system. I'm bleeding the rads and they are hissing which is a good sign.... I think! it might take a while for the system to fill back up. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers.

I think I've solved it. The pipe coming from the tank in the attic has a pipe coming from it. This pipe has a red tap on it downstairs just above the hot water tank. It was closed so no water was entering the system from the tank in the attic. The tap is open now so water is coming in to the system. I'm bleeding the rads and they are hissing which is a good sign.... I think! it might take a while for the system to fill back up. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers.

Update: Boiler is working and all rads are hot. Thanks very much for your advice. Cheers.

Update: Boiler is working and all rads are hot. Thanks very much for your advice. Cheers.

Good man. It'd be a good idea to leave that valve open otherwise you could cause even worse problems down the line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico Super 2 gas boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock