Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal mexico HE30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went to one of these boilers today put the heating on it fired up all seemed ok until it cut out on temperature as the flow pipe reached 70 degrees.

I was expecting it to fire up when the temperature dropped but it never did.

so I flicked the user control switch off then back on and it fired up and went through the same sequence.

I did this a few times and it fired no problem but this is the only way it would fires even after leaving it for 10 -15 mins

It did not come up with any fault code , it only had the flashing blue light which I know means there is demand but the boiler is up to temp.

I am thinking the flow temp sensor is at fault but there is no info in the MI to test it electricaly

The only reading ive got for the control thermistor, is 10 Ohms @ 25deg

Circulation is fine as that was the first thing I looked for, besides after producing a flow temp of 70 then dropping to 18 within 3 mins tells me its circulation fine. But thanks anyway

I took a few resistance readings at various temperatures and they were different but without any specification to compare them against I do not know weather the sensor is operating within or outside of its dynamic / operational range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal mexico HE30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock