Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derrybongo

Hi All

just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the Ideal logic so far. I have fitted half a dozen this year and so far had no call backs. with the reputation ideal have im waiting for the bubble to burst.
anyone else out there had any problems.

fitted ruffly 100 so far on w.f not had any proper problems with them so far nothing like the isars! they seem to have killed all the gremlins

Hi All

just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the Ideal logic so far. I have fitted half a dozen this year and so far had no call backs. with the reputation ideal have im waiting for the bubble to burst.
anyone else out there had any problems.

none at all i,m starting to think its an excellant boiler , went on their course for them and it seems the gremlins are gone from ideal , they had to do something to revive their rep didn,t they:rolleyes:

quick question , i note the ideal icos is a discontinued product now , the warmfront installer tried to install one in my house the other day , looks as though they are palming off old stock still :eek:

quick question , i note the ideal icos is a discontinued product now , the warmfront installer tried to install one in my house the other day , looks as though they are palming off old stock still :eek:
There will be loads knocking about at the back of many a merchants stock room.

There will be loads knocking about at the back of many a merchants stock room.

looks to be the case !! , waiting for a call back from warmfront regarding this , now it seems as though the logic is far superior to the icos , it may well be a case of letting them fit an ideal as long as it is a logic :) , is there much benefit to the logic + ?? :)

looks to be the case !! , waiting for a call back from warmfront regarding this , now it seems as though the logic is far superior to the icos , it may well be a case of letting them fit an ideal as long as it is a logic :) , is there much benefit to the logic + ?? :)

5 year warranty as opposed to 2 and good user control and info screen (gimmicky but smart):)

for the extra few quid i think its worth opting for the plus
most of the installers round me are opting for the logic+ at the moment and like the previous posts so far so good
may take a bit longer to regain the reputation though

Hi, which programmer is best for the logic+, i was looking at the rf electronic programer with room stat but the plumber going to fit my boiler says i dont need it as i have room stats on all the radiators.

for the extra few quid i think its worth opting for the plus
most of the installers round me are opting for the logic+ at the moment and like the previous posts so far so good
may take a bit longer to regain the reputation though

Hi, which programmer is best for the logic+, i was looking at the rf electronic programer with room stat but the plumber going to fit my boiler says i dont need it as i have room stats on all the radiators.

yes you do he,s refering to trv,s on your rads you still need room stat and timing to comply with part L;)

Hi All

regarding the timers whats the popular choice the built in or an external

Derry

The rf electronic prog room stat is very good. Takes only a couple of min to fit and is opentherm enabled. Opentherm is a form of comunication between the room stat and the boiler. The opentherm room stat will modulate the boiler, therefore keeping the boiler in condensing mode. This can save up to 15% a year on your gas bill.
Weather compensation works by telling the boiler the outside temp and altering the flow temp of the heating. This too can save up to 15% gas.
Both can not be fitted. One or other.
(Answers your questions on the other thread!)

Dan

The rf electronic prog room stat is very good. Takes only a couple of min to fit and is opentherm enabled. Opentherm is a form of comunication between the room stat and the boiler. The opentherm room stat will modulate the boiler, therefore keeping the boiler in condensing mode. This can save up to 15% a year on your gas bill.
Weather compensation works by telling the boiler the outside temp and altering the flow temp of the heating. This too can save up to 15% gas.
Both can not be fitted. One or other.
(Answers your questions on the other thread!)

Dan

Hi, is this statement correct that with the ideal combi logic you cant use the rf controller and the weather componstae together?

I was chatting to a friend who is fairly high up in the main merchant supplying warm front. The issue isnt outstanding stock, its the opposite, the merchant had to ask Ideal to make another shed load to fulfil the existing stock which was put onto warmfront jobs held back due to a lack of funding.

I assume that 'room stat in every room, means thermostatic radiator valves?

Strictly speaking, to comply with building regs you need to have a timer (programmer) and a room thermostat. An RF programmable stat is a good solution for this. I have supplied and fitted an rf programmer that plugs directly in the front of the Ideal logic, really easy to use.

The radiator which is in the same room as the room stat must not have a Thermostatic valve.

Hope this helps.

Raymondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 4 years old Ideal boiler not a combi but a indirect heating boiler not sure if the model is a "Logic" or what. Anyway after being away for the Winter Nov - May boiler ran well then after a couple of weeks we had a clanging noise after the heating cut off & the boiler screen showed the...
Replies
Views
Hi All! Bought a house recently, and we have been having the most frustrating issue with a very loud humming noise that intermittently comes and goes in our pipework. Have had a plumber around to check the issue to no avail so far, unfortunately. We have an Ideal Logic+ c35 combi boiler. System...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
My boiler Ideal Logic 30 Combi shows flame loss error (F2 fault). Boiler is in the newly property and so far has been used just for hot water, which worked fine. The problem appeared when I tried to switch on central heating (The CH system has been drained, flashed and refilled).With "C" on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock