Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic system18 problem with intermittant leak inside boiler casing only install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGII79

Gas Engineer
Any one any experience with this

Re: Ideal logic system18 problem with intermittant leak inside boiler casing only ins

are you gas safe registered if so can you pm me or another mod /admin your gs number so we can confirm this,how old is the boiler,is it in warranty?

Re: Ideal logic system18 problem with intermittant leak inside boiler casing only ins

im in the rep of ireland and registered with RGI ireland

Boiler only installed 3 weeks ago so it still in warranty

im in the rep of ireland and registered with RGI ireland
cool whats your reg number with RGI,the answer we give will depend on us knowing you know what your doing and not killing yourself

Boiler only installed 3 weeks ago so it still in warranty
call ideal in,unless your flues got issues and its leaking condensate back through

r3780

Last edited by a moderator:

I checked the condense trap all seemed ok and all flue seal ok standard horizontal flue ive just heard they can be a bit dodgy with leaking h exchanger and was wondering if anyone came across any issue like this

I checked the condense trap all seemed ok and all flue seal ok standard horizontal flue ive just heard they can be a bit dodgy with leaking h exchanger and was wondering if anyone came across any issue like this
i dont think they are having many issues at the moment TBH i have only installed 2 prefere pottertons,if its that young kick it in would be worth you joining the gas safe (or rgi only forums) by dropping a private message with your details to a member in admin,that way you can ask any gas questions you want without everyone wondering if you know what your doing first,sorry for the inquisition and welcome to the forums,though a lot of the lads do fit the logics all the time and may be able to advise

yeah i have fitted a few myself and they seem to be decent enough boiler this is the first issue ive had with one but looking at uk boards ideal have a bad name and ther wouldn be too many installers over here that would be too familiar with the problems the ideal boiler gives so thats why i came on here. i dont think the rgis have a forum set up over here anyway just dedicated to installers

mainly bosch and baxi potterton over here so ill have to get on to ideal i thinks

who will i pm with the info

DAN,DAVE OR MR DOBERMAN they are highlighted in strong red writing as admin,dan or dave are very busy though theres quite a few forums under the same domain mr d might be your best bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic system18 problem with intermittant leak inside boiler casing only install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Ideal logic heat 18. Uncoded intermittent fault near end of days use only. Burner reignites every 15 seconds on and off, but no fault code showing. Boiler isolated and restarted okay but same uncoded fault repeated at end of next day.
Replies
Views
E
Have an Ideal Logic + 18 with intermittent fault. When on demand the display constantly changes from O to C but burner doesn’t start. Can fix by switching Off then On again, but this only lasts for a day or two. As it’s an intermittent fault I’m reluctant to call out an Engineer. Any ideas?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock