Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic products of combustion in casing in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

billski

Gas Engineer
Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every seal I can find, namely flue seals, turret seals, sump connection seals, burner seal, electrode seal, flame detection seal, etc, and yet still I pick up co readings of about 10ppm. I even had the manufacturer come in on a fixed price repair who have also replaced all the seals, and yet when I came back to check I still pick up small co readings. Is this the norm??

do they have gas hob, is boiler in kitchen, have you checked room co, have you put new filter in your analizer.

Around the top of the burner ? As it’s a know issue and ideal advise using a mirror only and not a fga

Around the top of the burner ? As it’s a know issue and ideal advise using a mirror only and not a fga
Yes around that area. So ideal advise not to fga inside around the burner??
Flue integrity test is fine. Readings in the case around the top of the burner are picking up about 10ppm of Co

Flue integrity test is fine. Readings in the case around the top of the burner are picking up about 10ppm of Co
If the analyser is good and it zero's OK so it is definitely not collecting ambient CO, I would personally fail it. You do not know what the leak is or whether it is likely to increase. I would involve the manufacturers if you find this a lot and get them to accept responsibility for it or at least give it in writing that they think it is acceptable.

Just saying what I would do. You can find more than that level in certain work environments short term but it is the 'unknown' element that would bother me.

Correct

Reply to Ideal logic products of combustion in casing in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock