Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic plus problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raymondo57

Got problem with ideal logic plus ,keeps losing pressure and locking out every four days. Checked for leaks bled rads any ideas.

call out ideal to check out boiler ! these have a long warranty on them, some have had a problem with internal leaks on heat exchanger

Yep, id call ideal to look at it under warranty, they're usually very good. Looks like you may have an early one with a poorly cast heat exchanger.

Heat exchanger has been looked at it is dry inside. Boiler is about 14mths old.

Probably not the boiler. Isolate over night to see if presure drops. Over a 4 day period, its probably nothing to do with the boiler.
Unless PRV passing or maybe auto air release vale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boiler doesn't loose pressure overnight it happens over 4 days. If bath is run the pressure goes down a bit quicker

You need the manufacturer or their agents to look at the boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic plus problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
M
. ideal logic plus c30 , hot water fine boiler wont communicate with reciever honeywell stat sends signal reciever turns on ,will not fire boiler up
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+ 1400mm length 2 P+ 400mm length 7 singles 400mm 1 mains shower average water pressure Any recommendations on combi boiler and KW? Boiler budget...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Any ideas why a sealed system with a combi could be grabbing air. The upstairs rads have air in and the system reads 3 bar cold. When the air is bleed out the system returns to 1 bar or less. It's an ideal instinct boiler basically a logic.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock