Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic + He Combi 24kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leaveit

Hi,

I have been quoted for the above boiler installed to my existing Rad's along with a power flush and a wireless thermostat for £1300. Based in West Yorks.

Have also been told the 7 year warranty has been stopped from the 31/12/12 but would honour this if installed in January?

Any help would be great re the boiler/price/warranty.

I am a complete novice!

Bite his arm off at the elbow! Sounds too cheap to me. Have you had other quotes?

Id suggest you ask family friend etc who may of used another firm to recommend someone to you , defo get other quotes

I got other quotes for a similar boiler at £1500?

As long as hes GasSafe? I get the paperwork filled out to say hes powerflushed? Then register it online for my 7 year warranty?

Am I safe if I tick the above boxes?

House is 2 bed with Electric shower, 7 Rads, think 24 will suffice?

Nothing wrong with choice of boiler it's our preferred boiler at the moment , its the price that's worrying but if your happy its your choice and most importantly your money

Found him, well he contacted me from "Rated People" and he has 4 ratings all of which are 5 stars? Comments are worrying me.........

Make sure he is gsr and that he actually does flush the rads there's a good 3/4 of a day minimum to flush and that's been kind!

GSR as in Gas Safe Registered? He has mentioned the System Flush will take 1/2 a day?

An old saying in life , pay cheap pay twice . There are exceptions he may be new have no work on etc

Bur surely if he fits it correctly? It's the boilers job to run correctly?

Yes gsr gas safe registered you can check a engineer or business on the gas safe web site

What questions do you recomend me asking the fitter before agreeing?

The quote is very cheap,if they are Gas Safe, have public liability insurance and some references I am amazed that with this pricing strategy they are still in business. One or more elements may not be in place and so I would seek other quotes as a fall back if nothing else.

I think it's cheap too, also in west yorks. 24kw is too small for owt other than the kitchen sink and a basin really. That price won't include a filter either, which is recommended. Sounds like a bodger really.

Haha 1100 quid! I'll have 2! Remember, if it seems too good to be true it usually is.

I have TRV's, when I got the meter moved, the pipe was changed to 22mm.

No one has actually told me what the quote should be? Just is too cheap?

I have TRV's, when I got the meter moved, the pipe was changed to 22mm.

No one has actually told me what the quote should be? Just is too cheap?

What you have told us is what boiler you have now?

What you have told us is what boiler you have now?

If that is supposed to read what i have now..... It is a vokera excell? 15 years old or something? It's a non-condensing boiler..

Hope that makes sense?

If that is supposed to read what i have now..... It is a vokera excell? 15 years old or something? It's a non-condensing boiler..

Hope that makes sense?
if straight forward and condensate can be terminated nearby, with a proper flush, R/F stat if needed £1550 to £ 1650....why not ask TB services? For a quote on here, he fits the ideals and is in West Yorks ditto for BOD, above price is a guide, no job can be quoted unseen.

where are you in WY?

No need to worry about the 7 year warranty Ideal have extended it into 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic + He Combi 24kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock