Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic 30 kW or Vaillant ecoTEC plus 430? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I am getting my central heating system revamped as per of a house renovation project. 3 bedroom house with zonal heating system, including underfloor heating in new extension, with radiators elsewhere. I'll be putting a 30 kW, gas fired, heat only boiler in (without solar thermal), and using Heat Miser neo Stats.

Our plumber normally used Ideal boilers which he recommends, however I'm considering a Vaillant also. Main reason for considering these brands is reputation, and the low turn-down ratio which I understand is advisable for the underfloor heating system.

If anyone had any feedback on experiences or recommendations of Ideal vs Vaillant I'd very much appreciate it. The models in question are the Ideal Logic 30 kW and the Vaillant ecoTEC plus 430 (also 30 kW). The Vaillant is more expensive.

Thanks

I am no Vaillant guy , but they are streets ahead of ideal .
If you want low modulation look at a Viessmann 200 , no better boiler on the market . IMO of course.

I'd personally go for the vaillant, I fit vaillants and ideals and vaillants are the much better boiler. I only go for ideals when the customers budgets won't stretch. 30kw heat only seems abit overpowered for a 3 bed though, have you had the boiler correctly sized? I know the boiler will modulate down but seems a waste of money paying for a higher kw that simply won't be used.

So your going for a unvented cylinder?

As many have said before with a huge distance Vaillant. As above, why would you need a 30 kw?
If I was you I’d personally look into a system boiler and an unvented cylinder but then again it depends on your budget how much you want to pay.

As above, your 3 bed house must be detached & have the largest rooms.
Have you doubled the floor plan downstairs & only fitted single glazing.

What was the result (kW's) of the whole house sizing calculation completed by your proposed installer ??

Neither will work correctly if they are oversized, no matter how well they modulate.

As many have said before with a huge distance Vaillant. As above, why would you need a 30 kw?
If I was you I’d personally look into a system boiler and an unvented cylinder but then again it depends on your budget how much you want to pay.
Why a system boiler? With heat-only he can still have an unvented cylinder, if that's the way he wants to go. He didn't say whether it will be a pressurised system or a F/E tank, but with heat-only he can have either.
I agree that unless it's a very unusual house, 30kW is much too high.

Hi all

I am getting my central heating system revamped as per of a house renovation project. 3 bedroom house with zonal heating system, including underfloor heating in new extension, with radiators elsewhere. I'll be putting a 30 kW, gas fired, heat only boiler in (without solar thermal), and using Heat Miser neo Stats.

Our plumber normally used Ideal boilers which he recommends, however I'm considering a Vaillant also. Main reason for considering these brands is reputation, and the low turn-down ratio which I understand is advisable for the underfloor heating system.

If anyone had any feedback on experiences or recommendations of Ideal vs Vaillant I'd very much appreciate it. The models in question are the Ideal Logic 30 kW and the Vaillant ecoTEC plus 430 (also 30 kW). The Vaillant is more expensive.

Thanks
Vaillant are a league above Ideal

Reply to Ideal Logic 30 kW or Vaillant ecoTEC plus 430? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock