Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logi combi 30 pressure high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

george3rd

Hello there I have already asked this question in the shower section in relation to the shower dripping to the point now that it is filling a 2 gallon bucket twice in the day that is even with the boiler off.I know the pressure is between 2-3 which I know is too high .The boiler is less than a year old and our son had it fitted when he renovated his new home. I fitted the shower and felt responsible for the dripping but when the boiler setting is turned from heating and water to just water the pressure does drop a little and the dripping slows so I know its not the fitting of the shower. The problem is he cant get hold of this plumber as he works shifts and they are like ships in the night passing. I am at my wits end trying to help save water as much as possible as this has gone on now for over 2 months. They have just started as a newly wed family so is there ANYONE on here can actually give an easy guided texted version so I can try and lower the pressure at all. I would be very grateful if someone could attach a diagram to actually show me which valve to turn. I will tackle most things having done all our renovations to our family homes over the past 38 yrs and never had any problems doing so but we have never had a combi, we use oil. Sorry for the long post but this needs sorting now as they are on a water meter too. All the rads get hot but there is one upstairs that keeps needing to be bled as it stays hot at the bottom but obviously cold at the top.....However that does nothing to alter the dripping of the shower. My wife has now suggested to them to stop flushing the toilet and save that water and to use the water from the shower so to save what water they can. I am hoping someone on here can show me a diagram of what to do. Thank you for any replies. Thank you very much in anticipation of any help offered.

I'm not a professional plumber either, but it seems to me that you have got at least three problems here - some of which could be related. Your combi system pressure is too high as others have already stated, but you also say that you need to keep bleeding one rad. What comes out when you bleed - air or water? If it's water, your system pressure would drop as the volume of uncompressible stuff (water) is reduced and if it's air - where is that getting in? I would have expected that pressure to be closer to 1 bar by now if you have bled the rad a number of times without refilling. The dripping shower must be a faulty shower valve surely? Don't those valves cope with up to 10 bar water pressure - which must be far in excess of your mains water pressure. I don't get the bit about the shower dripping reducing if the boiler setting is changed - that makes no sense unless there is a fault within the boiler.

Unfortunately, I have added to the list of questions without really answering any, but you have my sympathy - hope you solve it soon!

the system pressure has no effect on the pressure at the shower, what is incoming mains pressure, standing and dynamic ? if you dont know please, please get someone to come and look that does know. did you flush pipework when shower valve fitted ?

Thank you both for your input,....... air comes out the rad which is why its cold at the top...... over the years I have bled enough rads to know that if its cold at the top then there is air in the system. The shower and the boiler were both new and fitted within weeks of each other with all the rads taken off and re hung as this place had a renovation on a grand scale, ie plaster walls ,new boiler, bathroom, kitchen etc. If the system pressure has no effect on the shower why does it stop dripping when another tap is turned on and also as I stated earlier when the boiler settings is changed from water and heat to just water the drip nearly stops??.

the system pressure has no effect on the pressure at the shower, what is incoming mains pressure, standing and dynamic ? if you dont know please, please get someone to come and look that does know. did you flush pipework when shower valve fitted ?

Hello the pipe work for the bathroom and shower was all new pipework and as I originally thought it was the shower at fault I have taken it apart ie checked all working parts, flow regulator, washers, water filters etc and every thing is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logi combi 30 pressure high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to turn the pressure relief valve it would not turn at all, as it usually would. My shower has been dripping in the bathroom next door , could in anyway...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock