Search the forum,

Discuss ideal isar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julzyo

Hi i have an ideal isar that was fitted under the warmfront sceme in 2008 and a year later just completely stopped working the warranty had ran out and i have been without heating or hot water since as they took out my hot water tank when they fit it any help would be much appreciated.

Have you been without htg/hw for 3 years?

Does it do anything here any noise any codes flash up. Or more probable what is the pressure like there is a guage underneath on the left hand side should be between 1-1.5 bar.

there is nothing there at all,the pressure has been checked and yes no central heating or hot water for 4 years.

Best to get a GSR to look at it but with it stood doing nothing for 4 years I would suggest replacing it as a number of things could be seized up or see if Ideal do a fixed price callout

it is not the fuse lol i am not that dense i have had a plumber out and he was stumped probs the pcb.

No heating or hot water for 3 years....this must be a hoax!!
You say your not that stupid about the fuse, but you havnt had hot water for 3 years?

How have you been getting washed? And how did you survive the bad winter of 2010 without heating? When temperatures was between -10oC and -30oC

No heating or hot water for 3 years....this must be a hoax!!
You say your not that stupid about the fuse, but you havnt had hot water for 3 years?

How have you been getting washed? And how did you survive the bad winter of 2010 without heating? When temperatures was between -10oC and -30oC
you beat me to it

i have an electric shower and a gas fire in my room and i do not have to explain myself i also have not the funds to fork out for a new boiler as i look after my husband whom is poorly i only posted on here for advice not abuse so thanks.

Speak to Citizens advice or a social worker they may be able to point you towards a grant or scheme to help you.

i have an electric shower and a gas fire in my room and i do not have to explain myself i also have not the funds to fork out for a new boiler as i look after my husband whom is poorly i only posted on here for advice not abuse so thanks.
ok, we are just a bit surprised thats all is the display showing anything?

No one should be without heating and hot water, It's a basic human right and necessity. Have you contacted the benefits agency to see what they can do? Or go back to Warmfront and see if you can get another boiler installed under the scheme.

No one on here means to offend you, most of us just have a warped sense of humour. Post up what area you live in and maybe one of the kind soles on here can help you.

Isar"s are rubbish boilers if there aint no power get another engineer round to start at the pcb and go from there alternatvly speak to gas man his axe will soon sort it out

Whereabouts are you, there may be someone nearby on here.

I'm sure you can understand the incredulity we see in this post.

"incredulity" you need to stop watching countdown, I had to google the meaning. Please keep it simple, we are plumbers :dunce:

sorry its just a bit depressing its nearlly winter again, and i suppose from your point of view it sounds funny but it really is not for me, i work for people with learning disabilities so i am the wage earner so we cannot get benefits so that is why we have been without .

aye as gas man says very surprised. no one should have to go without heating and hot water especially for so long in this day and age. please speak to citizens advice for advice.
in your situation ideal or warm front shouldnt have left you in that predicament.

Croppie"s allowed to use big words he"s commercial dont you know not one of us lesser plumbers

if we know what area you are maybe a kind sole can speak to their local ideal rep and maybe blag some spares.

My big concern for you is how many parts will be needed given the amount of time its sat, could potencialy be looking at pcb, diverter, pump

sorry its just a bit depressing its nearlly winter again, and i suppose from your point of view it sounds funny but it really is not for me, i work for people with learning disabilities so i am the wage earner so we cannot get benefits so that is why we have been without .
its probably the pcb the trouble is though other parts my now not work if its been laid up for so long,sorry to hear of your circumstances this country gives to the lazy and stuff the hard working peeps why dont you post up in the find a plumber sectioni am sure someone can help you out

If you can't afford to repair the boiler, that would suggest you are possibly on a level of income that would be eligible for a free boiler. Failing that, contact the council who often can offer an interest free loan/grant that could help.

We're not laughing at you or your situation. As has been stated previously help is available, you may be able to obtain funding, please ask at your CAB. Also whereabouts are you? There may be someone on here nearby.

Help us to help you.

Where has this lady gone ? she is asking for help (No funds) so how is she going to pay for repairs ? If she has a sick husband then why cant Social Services help her ? even if she is working she may be entitled to help depending what is wrong with her husband, She had a Plumber out but was he a Gas engineer ? If she would reply and let us know her location she may get the offer of help from a member ! to have a look at the boiler and give some free advise , but she seams happy snapping our heads off when we are trying to help ! We know she has gas (Fire working) changed the fuse so thats ok ! what about main fuse box ? has anything tripp'd in that ? is anything lighting up on boiler ? if she would reply maybe put on some pics if possable WE ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU ! DONT BE SO DEFENSEIVE

sorry i was not snapping anyones heads off people thought it was a hoax i do apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal isar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock