Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Isar weird noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, my boiler was doing it since I bought the house a year ago but now it is doing it more often and all night. Before it kicks in it is making a scratching noise, hard to describe. I tried to show to my gas engineer but of course it was fine when he was at my house. Maybe it is normal for ****ty Ideal Isar boilers. I managed to record it

Any ideas?

time for a gas safe engy thats not normal even for an isar :D

Engineer turned up, investigated and the verdict was - actuator valve head. Advised me not to spend 250 quid on repair, save money and wait until the boiler brakes, then get a new Vaillant with 10 years warranty parts and labour. Didn't charge me a penny as well

You could get a one off fixed price repair from Ideal if your finances are stretched ? the reason being if additional parts are needed then this will be covered in the cost you pay, If not I would advise you get it changed . Kop

Reply to Ideal Isar weird noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said... Power Flush require and install new boiler, ==== After the boiler was started, it was making horrible noises == I mentioned this and sent an audio recording to the company. ==== Said that is normal boiler noise even though it shakes the...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry about but it sometimes gets worse and it went on for few seconds todays (5) like it was stuck and then freed itself and might have been coincidence but...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock